Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr.s me again!!! A question

Posted by Carmen on 5/28/02 at 16:11 (085487)

I was wearing the semi rigid orthotics and have been for about 6 weeks with minimal discomfort....the other day I HAD to take them off they hurt my feet so bad (burning and aching). Have done fine off and on with the occasional break from them. Anyway...I put on the birks with no pain (it's been two days wearing Birks) BUT now I have a new sensation on the inside of my ankles. BOTH of them, BOTH at the same time AFTER I started waearing the birks. The sensation is tingly...but nothing on my feet hurt at all.
Now..the question is this:

Could this be from pressure on nerves from wearing the birks (becasue they are flatter shoes) that hasn't previously been there while wearing the orthotics?

Thanks as usual guys! ;o)

Re: Dr.s me again!!! A question

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/28/02 at 18:53 (085510)

Hi Carmen:

It sounds like you are compressing a nerve. Your theory might be right. The Birks might be too flat. Try the orthotics again. I would alos try icing the area and see if this helps.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 18:54 (085511)

thanks! I did try the orthotics and OUCH! major pain. Finicky feet! I am now wearing JUST the New Balance with NO orthotics....Ice helps releive it for awhile.
Thanks Dr. C you're a gem!

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/29/02 at 05:31 (085573)

Hi Carmen:

You answered your own question. Back off the orthotics and use the New Balance. See if it makes a difference.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/28/02 at 18:53 (085510)

Hi Carmen:

It sounds like you are compressing a nerve. Your theory might be right. The Birks might be too flat. Try the orthotics again. I would alos try icing the area and see if this helps.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 18:54 (085511)

thanks! I did try the orthotics and OUCH! major pain. Finicky feet! I am now wearing JUST the New Balance with NO orthotics....Ice helps releive it for awhile.
Thanks Dr. C you're a gem!

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/29/02 at 05:31 (085573)

Hi Carmen:

You answered your own question. Back off the orthotics and use the New Balance. See if it makes a difference.

Dr. John Cozzarelli