Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ALL-except the faint of heart.

Posted by Carmen on 5/28/02 at 18:51 (085509)

I am not looking for a fight here and if anyone starts one I will ignore the post. But I am curious if anyone feels I was being antagonistic please say the word. In all honesty I am sitting here in disbelief at Lisa's comments. I think her pain is overtaking her ability to reason. Does it all come down to such defensive attitudes and actions? If so count me out on trying to keep anyone here from now on...I do NOT have time for this drivel.
And I do not care if this sounds mean...it's not in my nature to be a mean person but this whole thing was just a waste of my PRECIOUS time.
I too suffer, I too hurt and cry and get mad...but damned if I demand EVERYONE here cater to ME, pay attention to ME, feel sorry for ME, and I don't understand people that do.
THERE. That's my mean streak out in the open. I am exhausted of all this taking things so personally junk.

Whew...there it was. me having a fit. I'm done now....on with life! ;o)

Re: Claraification

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 19:11 (085514)

Just want to make sure that you understand it was the first TWO posts to her that I am talking about. she said I was antagonistic in those two...I was anything but in my opinion.

Re: my thoughts...

Suzanne D on 5/28/02 at 21:19 (085526)

While I try hard to steer clear of conflict, there comes a time when one must stand for the truth. Carmen, I have read virtually all your posts since last August when I found this site, and you never have come across as antagonistic.

You are helpful and giving, and you leave no stone unturned in trying to find answers to help - not only yourself - but all of us.

You are passionate about what you believe in and aggressive in doing whatever you set your mind to do.

And you reach out to many - including Lisa - to try to help. None of us can be everything to everyone. Sometimes we are in so much pain and frustration, we can erroneously blame others for not being able to take care of our pain. I am not saying that is what Lisa is doing; I am just stating a common occurence for people desperately searching for help.

I am quite sorry Lisa feels her needs are unmet. I wish her the best and hope she finds the answers she seeks.

But no one here needs to be hurt in the process.

Thank you, Carmen, for being you. You have helped me many times.

Lisa, we want the best for you. Let's not 'bite the hand that feeds us'. Now don't you wonder sometimes how many old country sayings I know?! :-)

Suzanne :-)

Re: ALL-except the faint of heart.

Rich on 5/28/02 at 21:41 (085539)

Carmen, I KNOW you have been nothing but supportive since I came here. I for one have appreciated all the links you have posted to us. I know that took alot of your time and kindness to share with all of us. I personally thank you from the bottom of my...uh, feet!

I am so disappointed right now. I was just starting to open up and feel comfortable here. I finally felt like I could give back some emotional support and not feel intimidated. I don't have time for this either. If you or anyone else cares to email me...please do at (email removed), I use the same address at home and work so pretty much available if needed.

Taking a break from this, I have other things to take care of...will miss all of you who have welcomed me and offered so much needed advice and support.

Rich

john h on 5/28/02 at 21:53 (085544)

Attn: Scott Roberts you just gave me the biggest laugh of the week. Not since Dr. Huey Lewi was arround ---

The ladies are on a roll today. Sure glad I am not near by so they can get a hold on me because they are fired up and ready for bear. I think the moon is full or something is going on.

Re: Oh John...

Valerie S on 5/29/02 at 06:44 (085574)

You bugger... hee hee...

I love your comments. It doesn't always take a man to see the humor in these scenes. I like fighting with my cat to remind me what I look like when I get mad.

You make my day - Val.

john h on 5/29/02 at 18:28 (085655)

We have what seems an unusual number of 'cat people' on the board including me. wonder why?

nancy s. on 5/29/02 at 18:40 (085658)

well, john, let's see: cat people have a tendon-cy to overdo?

that's terrible! can't believe myself. we're in a bigtime fog here on the coast today. that's my excuse.

nancy

Re: fog

Carole C in NOLA on 5/29/02 at 18:47 (085660)

I'll bet it's beautiful! I remember those fogs rolling in over San Francisco, when I lived there thirty years ago. They'd swirl around the hills and little valleys, and everything seemed so magical and mysterious.

And bone-chillingly cold. But, I don't remember that part as distinctly. (grin)

Carole C

Valerie S on 5/29/02 at 19:47 (085674)

Until you said including me, I thought you were calling us cats! hee hee...

Let me ask Celeste what she thinks... Celeste, come here, kitty! :)

john h on 5/29/02 at 20:37 (085679)

The most unusual fog I remember is the Ice Fog that formed near the north pole in Thule, Greenland. Just about anything it came in contact with would immediately ice over including your aircraft. Factoid: if fog is 50' off the ground it is considered a cloud.

Re: Claraification

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 19:11 (085514)

Just want to make sure that you understand it was the first TWO posts to her that I am talking about. she said I was antagonistic in those two...I was anything but in my opinion.

Re: my thoughts...

Suzanne D on 5/28/02 at 21:19 (085526)

While I try hard to steer clear of conflict, there comes a time when one must stand for the truth. Carmen, I have read virtually all your posts since last August when I found this site, and you never have come across as antagonistic.

You are helpful and giving, and you leave no stone unturned in trying to find answers to help - not only yourself - but all of us.

You are passionate about what you believe in and aggressive in doing whatever you set your mind to do.

And you reach out to many - including Lisa - to try to help. None of us can be everything to everyone. Sometimes we are in so much pain and frustration, we can erroneously blame others for not being able to take care of our pain. I am not saying that is what Lisa is doing; I am just stating a common occurence for people desperately searching for help.

I am quite sorry Lisa feels her needs are unmet. I wish her the best and hope she finds the answers she seeks.

But no one here needs to be hurt in the process.

Thank you, Carmen, for being you. You have helped me many times.

Lisa, we want the best for you. Let's not 'bite the hand that feeds us'. Now don't you wonder sometimes how many old country sayings I know?! :-)

Suzanne :-)

Rich on 5/28/02 at 21:41 (085539)

Carmen, I KNOW you have been nothing but supportive since I came here. I for one have appreciated all the links you have posted to us. I know that took alot of your time and kindness to share with all of us. I personally thank you from the bottom of my...uh, feet!

I am so disappointed right now. I was just starting to open up and feel comfortable here. I finally felt like I could give back some emotional support and not feel intimidated. I don't have time for this either. If you or anyone else cares to email me...please do at (email removed), I use the same address at home and work so pretty much available if needed.

Taking a break from this, I have other things to take care of...will miss all of you who have welcomed me and offered so much needed advice and support.

Rich

john h on 5/28/02 at 21:53 (085544)

Attn: Scott Roberts you just gave me the biggest laugh of the week. Not since Dr. Huey Lewi was arround ---

The ladies are on a roll today. Sure glad I am not near by so they can get a hold on me because they are fired up and ready for bear. I think the moon is full or something is going on.

Valerie S on 5/29/02 at 06:44 (085574)

You bugger... hee hee...

I love your comments. It doesn't always take a man to see the humor in these scenes. I like fighting with my cat to remind me what I look like when I get mad.

You make my day - Val.

john h on 5/29/02 at 18:28 (085655)

We have what seems an unusual number of 'cat people' on the board including me. wonder why?

nancy s. on 5/29/02 at 18:40 (085658)

well, john, let's see: cat people have a tendon-cy to overdo?

that's terrible! can't believe myself. we're in a bigtime fog here on the coast today. that's my excuse.

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 5/29/02 at 18:47 (085660)

I'll bet it's beautiful! I remember those fogs rolling in over San Francisco, when I lived there thirty years ago. They'd swirl around the hills and little valleys, and everything seemed so magical and mysterious.

And bone-chillingly cold. But, I don't remember that part as distinctly. (grin)

Carole C

Valerie S on 5/29/02 at 19:47 (085674)

Until you said including me, I thought you were calling us cats! hee hee...

Let me ask Celeste what she thinks... Celeste, come here, kitty! :)

john h on 5/29/02 at 20:37 (085679)

The most unusual fog I remember is the Ice Fog that formed near the north pole in Thule, Greenland. Just about anything it came in contact with would immediately ice over including your aircraft. Factoid: if fog is 50' off the ground it is considered a cloud.