Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS, Tendonitis, Planter Fascitis or something else?HELP

Posted by Trish G on 5/28/02 at 22:33 (085560)

Last September I dislocated and broke my ankle skydiving. Since then I have had two surgeries, one to repair my ankle(2plates and 12 screws), and another to remove the metal on one side due to a staph infection. A few weeks into rehab I began to notice three knots on my tendon on the bottom of my foot. Therapists and my surgeon told me it was just swelling and a slight case of planter fascitis (This was in January).Since then the have tripled in size and I am experiencing numb toes, burning and severe pain from my big toe back to my ankle. I keep going to doctors and every one says its something different but they all tell me that it will go away on its own. None of them have mentioned TTS. The symptoms listed for TTS and tendonitis seem very consistant with my injury. I have tried ice, heat, anti-inflamatories, new shoes, custom orthotics and creams. I am at the end of my rope with the pain and no one seems to understand how bad it is. All they want to do is keep giving me new pain meds. I stopped taking them because they have been giving them to me since my original injury in September. I dont want to live in a haze. Please if you can give me some advice on where to go or what to do. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRISH G

Re: TTS, Tendonitis, Planter Fascitis or something else?HELP

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/29/02 at 05:27 (085571)

Trish:

Approach the body from a systems approach. If you believe that you are experiencing nerve pain see a neurologist and have and NCV performed. It is non-invasive and should help to answer your question.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: TTS, Tendonitis, Planter Fascitis or something else?HELP

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/29/02 at 05:27 (085571)

Trish:

Approach the body from a systems approach. If you believe that you are experiencing nerve pain see a neurologist and have and NCV performed. It is non-invasive and should help to answer your question.

Dr. John Cozzarelli