Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am finally getting ESWT on Monday, June 3rd!

Posted by Ardee W. on 5/29/02 at 00:43 (085567)

Hi Everyone! I feel like I have gained a lot more than I have given to this website. I quit posting a while back when my daughter in law's pregnancy became high risk and she was bed ridden. I was over there a lot with the three little ones. Everyone is fine now and we have a new beautiful granddaughter! Thanks everyone for your help in information and resources on PF. It is great to hear how Carmen, BrianG and Dave are doing after their treatments....am so happy to hear!

Anyway, I drive three hours to Spokane,WA on Sunday and will have both feet done on Monday under the care of Dr. Thomas Burghardt at the Valley Outpatient Surgical Center. It will be with the OssaTron machine and IV sedation. The doctor wants me to stick around for three days and then I will be driving back home.

The one thing I was confused about was that the doctor said I didn't have to stop on taking my Vioxx medication? I thought I had read here that it was advised to before the ESWT?

Well, I will appreciate the prayers of any of you so inclined. I will definately let you know how things are going, also. This is a really busy week as I am packing to be out of our fifth wheel by Friday and then we don't know if we will be sleeping in our son's garage or in a corner of our unfinished house on Saturday and then Sunday, I leave.....when it rains, it pours! This 'disability' is really noticeable as I try to pack and clean. A year and a half ago, I would have had everything packed, and the place cleaned inside out and shampooed and blinds polished in three days. I have been working at packing for a week, now, and today I called service centers for pricing the shampooing and blinds! Heck, I've accepted using a wheelchair inside our new house to help in building where I can do things! I am so thankful to be able to get this treatment done and what a blessing for others we can share with before they suffer years and as more insurance companys accept it.

Sorry so long......guess I am excited and a little nervous......God Bless All.....Ardee :)

Re: I am finally getting ESWT on Monday, June 3rd!

BrianG on 5/29/02 at 21:06 (085684)

Good Ardee, glad your finally going to get your ESWT treatment. I know you mentioned me by name, and I just wanted to update you. The on again, off again, pain at the Dornier insertion point seeems to now be gone. It was there, but was never a big problem. It's been seven weeks, and I'm now back to where I was before the treatment. I have at least 5 more weeks to go, and pray every day it will happen. It may not, but to me it was worth the chance. Good luck and don't worry too much, you'll be fine.

BrianG

Re: Thanks BrianG

Ardee W. on 5/29/02 at 23:02 (085716)

I think it is worth the chance, also. Are you considering or are you able to get a second treatment after the twelve weeks. I have heard of some getting it before the 12 week mark?

BrianG on 5/30/02 at 18:41 (085835)

I don't know about a second treatment, I'll have to look into it. I'll wait the full 12 weeks bfore I do anything.

BrianG

Re: I am finally getting ESWT on Monday, June 3rd!

BrianG on 5/29/02 at 21:06 (085684)

Good Ardee, glad your finally going to get your ESWT treatment. I know you mentioned me by name, and I just wanted to update you. The on again, off again, pain at the Dornier insertion point seeems to now be gone. It was there, but was never a big problem. It's been seven weeks, and I'm now back to where I was before the treatment. I have at least 5 more weeks to go, and pray every day it will happen. It may not, but to me it was worth the chance. Good luck and don't worry too much, you'll be fine.

BrianG

Ardee W. on 5/29/02 at 23:02 (085716)

I think it is worth the chance, also. Are you considering or are you able to get a second treatment after the twelve weeks. I have heard of some getting it before the 12 week mark?

BrianG on 5/30/02 at 18:41 (085835)

I don't know about a second treatment, I'll have to look into it. I'll wait the full 12 weeks bfore I do anything.

BrianG