Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z

Posted by john h on 5/29/02 at 09:51 (085596)

I liked the article in the paper and the picture of you EPOS Bat Mobile. How many days a week is the vehicle at your location. Have you got much response from the news your machine has been receiving?

ESWT is still a mystery here in Arkansas.

Re: Dr. Z

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/29/02 at 22:43 (085714)

John:

Have you checked to see if Healthtronics has a unit in your state?
Ed

john h on 5/30/02 at 11:40 (085773)

Dr. Z: Yes I have checked and no machines in Arkansas. I suggested to the largest Orthopedic group and also the largest group of Podiatrist that they look in to ESWT. Last week the Chief of foot orthopedics at our state's largest teaching hospital gave a lecture and slide presentation on foot problems. I could not make it but my wife attended. She said that over half of the presentation and half of the questions from the 150 or so who attended revolved around plantar fasciaitis. I have seen this doctor on several occasions. She is a board certified orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon. She will not perform a PF release as she thinks there are to many failures. I sure wish I could have been there to question her on ESWT but I suspect until Insurance/Medicare come on board that large teaching hospitals will not be coming on board.

DR Zuckerman on 5/30/02 at 20:25 (085850)

Alot of podiatrist/orthopedic groups just won't or can't put out the bucks. When insurance comes they will probaby take another look. I can a cycle of no coverage, some coverage, alot of coverage, too much ESWT, reduction in coverage. The rat race

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/29/02 at 22:43 (085714)

John:

Have you checked to see if Healthtronics has a unit in your state?
Ed

john h on 5/30/02 at 11:40 (085773)

Dr. Z: Yes I have checked and no machines in Arkansas. I suggested to the largest Orthopedic group and also the largest group of Podiatrist that they look in to ESWT. Last week the Chief of foot orthopedics at our state's largest teaching hospital gave a lecture and slide presentation on foot problems. I could not make it but my wife attended. She said that over half of the presentation and half of the questions from the 150 or so who attended revolved around plantar fasciaitis. I have seen this doctor on several occasions. She is a board certified orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon. She will not perform a PF release as she thinks there are to many failures. I sure wish I could have been there to question her on ESWT but I suspect until Insurance/Medicare come on board that large teaching hospitals will not be coming on board.

DR Zuckerman on 5/30/02 at 20:25 (085850)

Alot of podiatrist/orthopedic groups just won't or can't put out the bucks. When insurance comes they will probaby take another look. I can a cycle of no coverage, some coverage, alot of coverage, too much ESWT, reduction in coverage. The rat race