Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thorlo socks

Posted by Yasmin on 5/29/02 at 10:00 (085601)

Hi

I live in London, and I was reccommended the 'Walking crew' socks, but have foundout these are not stocked in Europe, can anyone tell me what other type of therlo sock is suitable for PF?

Thanks

Re: Thorlo socks

john h on 5/29/02 at 10:26 (085603)

I suggest the 'Walking Thorlo'. They come in different lengths. There are several websites you can order them from.

monte on 5/29/02 at 12:56 (085619)

yasmin..try http://www.walkingcompany.com They have many socks there to order.

Re: Wright socks

BrianG on 5/29/02 at 17:32 (085651)

Hi Jasmin,

I bought some Wright socks about a year ago. They are two layers, and very comfertable, even in the summer. Good luck.

BrianG

PS: I got them at: http://www.sockcompany.com

john h on 5/30/02 at 11:04 (085765)

Brian: I am buying a pair of the Wright socks. Never seen any in a store but they look very good.

BrianG on 5/30/02 at 17:19 (085820)

Hi John,

I have 6 pair, 3 white and 3 black (which I never wear anymore). They are the best, but at $7.20 each, they better be, right! They go great with my Arizona Birks :*) I got the double layer, walking crew, style.

BrianG

nancy s. on 5/30/02 at 17:22 (085821)

brian, i just ordered three pairs -- walking crew also. thanks for the tip!
nancy

john h on 5/31/02 at 10:07 (085891)

Brian & Nancy: How am I going to wear my new Wright socks with birks and still be a manly man? After all my talk about wimps wearing socks with birks I face a problem. I guess I shall just remain low profile. Nancy you sound like a 'sock' freak which is better than a shoe 'freak' like my wife. Mary and Mrs. Marcos have a lot in common.

Re: Thorlo socks - thanks for info (eom)

yasmin on 5/31/02 at 15:49 (085925)

yy

Carole C in NOLA on 6/01/02 at 13:59 (086019)

John, go ahead and wear your new socks with your Birkenstocks if you want to. We won't tell. You can hum 'I Did It My Way...' like Frank Sinatra or whoever that was.

Besides, some of us don't think that intentionally letting one's feet get cold, makes one a Manly Man. That would seem more self-conscious than manly.

If anyone smirked at Clint Eastwood if he was wearing Birkenstocks with socks, he'd probably have given them one of those famous, glittery hard stares and then he would have told them to go ahead and say something, and 'Make my day'.

Mary may be the Imelda of your household, but I'll bet Mary hasn't bought eleven pairs of shoes, including five pairs of Birkenstocks, since last September. So I will sign,

Imelda II (Carole C)

BrianG on 6/01/02 at 14:10 (086020)

John, of course you want to always be remembered as a manly man. So, do like I do, only wear the socks and Birks at home. I always wear sneakers when I go out :*)

BrianG

Re: fashion statement

Ellen J. on 6/01/02 at 17:25 (086029)

I wear black Pearl Izumi cycling socks with my athletic sandals at they gym along with my full length black cycling tights. A true fashion statement!
Ellen

john h on 5/29/02 at 10:26 (085603)

I suggest the 'Walking Thorlo'. They come in different lengths. There are several websites you can order them from.

monte on 5/29/02 at 12:56 (085619)

yasmin..try http://www.walkingcompany.com They have many socks there to order.

BrianG on 5/29/02 at 17:32 (085651)

Hi Jasmin,

I bought some Wright socks about a year ago. They are two layers, and very comfertable, even in the summer. Good luck.

BrianG

PS: I got them at: http://www.sockcompany.com

john h on 5/30/02 at 11:04 (085765)

Brian: I am buying a pair of the Wright socks. Never seen any in a store but they look very good.

BrianG on 5/30/02 at 17:19 (085820)

Hi John,

I have 6 pair, 3 white and 3 black (which I never wear anymore). They are the best, but at $7.20 each, they better be, right! They go great with my Arizona Birks :*) I got the double layer, walking crew, style.

BrianG

nancy s. on 5/30/02 at 17:22 (085821)

brian, i just ordered three pairs -- walking crew also. thanks for the tip!
nancy

john h on 5/31/02 at 10:07 (085891)

Brian & Nancy: How am I going to wear my new Wright socks with birks and still be a manly man? After all my talk about wimps wearing socks with birks I face a problem. I guess I shall just remain low profile. Nancy you sound like a 'sock' freak which is better than a shoe 'freak' like my wife. Mary and Mrs. Marcos have a lot in common.

Re: Thorlo socks - thanks for info (eom)

yasmin on 5/31/02 at 15:49 (085925)

yy

Carole C in NOLA on 6/01/02 at 13:59 (086019)

John, go ahead and wear your new socks with your Birkenstocks if you want to. We won't tell. You can hum 'I Did It My Way...' like Frank Sinatra or whoever that was.

Besides, some of us don't think that intentionally letting one's feet get cold, makes one a Manly Man. That would seem more self-conscious than manly.

If anyone smirked at Clint Eastwood if he was wearing Birkenstocks with socks, he'd probably have given them one of those famous, glittery hard stares and then he would have told them to go ahead and say something, and 'Make my day'.

Mary may be the Imelda of your household, but I'll bet Mary hasn't bought eleven pairs of shoes, including five pairs of Birkenstocks, since last September. So I will sign,

Imelda II (Carole C)

BrianG on 6/01/02 at 14:10 (086020)

John, of course you want to always be remembered as a manly man. So, do like I do, only wear the socks and Birks at home. I always wear sneakers when I go out :*)

BrianG

Re: fashion statement

Ellen J. on 6/01/02 at 17:25 (086029)

I wear black Pearl Izumi cycling socks with my athletic sandals at they gym along with my full length black cycling tights. A true fashion statement!
Ellen