Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Here is a link for a picture of the muscles in our feet if anyone would like to take a look

Posted by Laurie R on 5/29/02 at 12:02 (085612)

http://pacs.unica.it/tav8eng.htm Hi to all , Carmen has sent this link to me and thought that maybe some of you would like to see it .... Pretty interesting .... My best to all , Laurie R

Re: Looks like we've been hit by the Posting Glitch, again...

Sharon W on 5/29/02 at 16:58 (085649)

Laurie,

I appreciate you passing on that link. Please tell Carmen 'thank you' for me.

-- Sharon

Re: Here is a link for a picture of the muscles in our feet if anyone would like to take a look

Janet C on 5/29/02 at 21:20 (085689)

The flexor hallucis brevis cuneiform calcaneus and cuboid abductor hallucis sesamoid oblique distal metatarso-phalangeal articulation; near the foot lateral margin, and the flexor digiti minimi brevis, first phalanx interossei muscles calcaneus in front of the tuberosity peroneus longus plantar calcaneo-cuboid ligament flexor digitorum accessorium (or caro quadrata) from the calcaneus tuberosity tendon of flexor digitorum longus lumbrical muscles accessory tendons of flexor digitorum longus medial side of metatarso-phalangeal joints, where they pass dorsally, which links the tendon of flexor digitorum longus to the tendon of flexor hallucis longus.

I'd find this even more interesting, if I could understand GREEK! ;o) (or is it Latin?)

heehee ~ Janet

Re: Here is a link for a picture of the muscles in our feet if anyone would like to take a look

Kathy G on 5/30/02 at 08:07 (085739)

Thanks, Laurie.

I must say, this gives me even more respect for my POD! Imagine knowing what all those ligaments, etc. are supposed to do? Now I know why, when I asked him why in the world he chose to study feet since most of them are so ugly, he told me that they are, by far, one of the most amazing parts of the human body because they are so complex and fascinating.

I still get strange looks from people when I even say, 'plantar fasciitis'. Wouldn't it blow their minds if I told them in technical terms what's wrong with my feet? I probably couldn't even figure out what to say!

Re: Looks like we've been hit by the Posting Glitch, again...

Sharon W on 5/29/02 at 16:58 (085649)

Laurie,

I appreciate you passing on that link. Please tell Carmen 'thank you' for me.

-- Sharon

Janet C on 5/29/02 at 21:20 (085689)

The flexor hallucis brevis cuneiform calcaneus and cuboid abductor hallucis sesamoid oblique distal metatarso-phalangeal articulation; near the foot lateral margin, and the flexor digiti minimi brevis, first phalanx interossei muscles calcaneus in front of the tuberosity peroneus longus plantar calcaneo-cuboid ligament flexor digitorum accessorium (or caro quadrata) from the calcaneus tuberosity tendon of flexor digitorum longus lumbrical muscles accessory tendons of flexor digitorum longus medial side of metatarso-phalangeal joints, where they pass dorsally, which links the tendon of flexor digitorum longus to the tendon of flexor hallucis longus.

I'd find this even more interesting, if I could understand GREEK! ;o) (or is it Latin?)

heehee ~ Janet

Kathy G on 5/30/02 at 08:07 (085739)

Thanks, Laurie.

I must say, this gives me even more respect for my POD! Imagine knowing what all those ligaments, etc. are supposed to do? Now I know why, when I asked him why in the world he chose to study feet since most of them are so ugly, he told me that they are, by far, one of the most amazing parts of the human body because they are so complex and fascinating.

I still get strange looks from people when I even say, 'plantar fasciitis'. Wouldn't it blow their minds if I told them in technical terms what's wrong with my feet? I probably couldn't even figure out what to say!