Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

5/29 SEEMS TO BE A PAINFUL DAY FOR MANY OF US!

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 5/29/02 at 23:51 (085721)

Hello to all! I usually post on the other boards, not on the social - but I am joining you now! (-: I, too, seem to be having a backward step - no pun intended! The feet seem to be telling me that they are tired of positive progress & wish to remind me that they can & will be painful when they so desire - like today! I am blaming it on the full moon of this past weekend...it certainly does something w/ the tides (water) - so it probably has a 'pull' on our body's water as well - maybe that is why I was swollen & sore this past weekend & still today some. I will NOT blame it on the fact that I did overdo it this past weekend at a horse show! But, I shall wonder on that one!!! I hope tomorrow we all are having a happier foot day!

Re: full moon

Carole C in NOLA on 5/30/02 at 06:08 (085726)

I wonder if there's something to that full moon theory of yours. We also had a big thunderstorm yesterday, and at the time I wondered if the low pressure played a role in this since storms have been few and far between this spring. I'm sorry to hear your feet hurt too! After Friday, my meetings are over and I intend to be very nice to my feet this weekend. So, hopefully by Monday I'll be cheery again.

I iced for a half hour (off and on) last night, and stretched before bedtime. This morning I stretched a lot before ever getting out of bed.

It sure is depressing, isn't it, Rachael! I hope you are better soon and happily back on your horses. Good luck with them this weekend if you have another horse show. :)

As for me, today I'm daydreaming about retirement one of these days. I have a great job but I don't love to hurt and pain makes me feel much older.

Carole C

Re: Coming out of hibernation

Valerie S on 5/30/02 at 08:01 (085738)

I wish I could blame it on the moon and the tides, but I know my setback is caused by overdoing it. I took care of my 3 year old niece all last week, and just started my Tupperware business last week too... had 2 parties. Tupperware is nice, because you set your own hours, and the money is fantastic (not to mention the discount you get, and I love giving away free stuff to my hosts, it's really fun!). I have to stand for about an hour for the demo, but I can sit after that, and theoretically I could sit for the demo too... I am the boss! Lucky for me, my feet can handle a lot more than they could a year ago, and soon I expect to be making a full-time income working about 15 hours a week. I even have my own website, it's great fun.

Oops, I really didn't mean to go on about the Tupperware, this isn't the place... sorry I got a little too excited. My niece really ran me ragged last week, and I started hurting about Monday... I know I need to be careful, because my feet are starting to feel bad again. I got distracted by the springtime, and this seems to be the time we all come out of hibernation and tend to overdo... we are finally getting some May-type weather here in Michigan. It has been February/March all month here.

Take care and I hope we all remember to take care of our feet and get better fast!

Val.

Carole C in NOLA on 5/30/02 at 08:25 (085742)

You are probably right about the moon and tides. I suspect it's the hard floors at the conference that are getting me, plus the long periods of sitting which result in 'first thing after getting up in the morning' pains later in the day.

I know someone who makes quite a lot at Tupperware. I would seriously think about it too, except that she already has 'hit on' everyone at my work, and I don't really know that many other people. Plus, I'm not much of a party person and I don't use Tupperware myself.

It's great to be able to supplement one's income that way. Maybe I'd do better learning how to help people with their taxes, or something like that, however.

Carole C

Valerie S on 5/30/02 at 08:31 (085744)

Hi Carole,

I'm hoping to MEET people doing Tupperware... hee hee... I moved 3 hours from my old home and know my 3 neighbors and that's it! I had my first party, and I was knocking on their doors, saying 'Will you please come? I don't know anybody around here...' hee hee...

Thank goodness for my supportive husband. He has helped me a lot, sold about $150 at work with little orders that people keep giving him, and helped me already date 2 parties. It's funny how he says he doesn't want to get involved, until it's time to get the free stuff!

I am really kind of a shy person, but years of waitressing and customer service jobs have taught me how to fake it... the hard part is forcing myself to talk to people I don't know or asking anyone to hold a demo. I'll get there though - I'm going for that free car!

Val.

Mahatmelissama on 5/30/02 at 10:37 (085762)

Valerie, you are just too cute with your tupperware! LOL!

Re: 5/29 SEEMS TO BE A PAINFUL DAY FOR MANY OF US!

Mahatmelissama on 5/30/02 at 10:39 (085763)

The moon DOES affect the tide...we can't rule out it affects other things.

I know yesterday, it was hot and my left foot started hurting something fierce.
I drank some wine and BAM that was it! I think I swelled up or soemthing.

john h on 5/30/02 at 11:23 (085768)

I know you can often point to some event that may have caused a setback but from my experience there are just as many setbacks with no apparent cause at all.

RACHAEL T. on 5/30/02 at 11:24 (085769)

I understand your reasoning about retirement & yet still loving job vs. the pain factor & feeling OLD. I agree - the horses & the competitions make me feel young, successful, & useful -- & then, the pain sets in the next day or so......UGH. I often ponder retirement - & since I am self-employed w/ my horsetraining it is my choice. But, when training many horses (20 in my barn) & riders for consecutive years - growing close to them as 'friends' too - not just clients -- it is difficult to think of retirement too. Today, the feet after 3 days of not too good - are improved some -- I've taped today & yesterday's resting, ice, stretching & usuals are paying off today. We all hang in there!

Re: Giving up your job is very difficult

Valerie S on 5/30/02 at 13:04 (085779)

Hi.

In March of 2001, I decided to take a couple weeks off work because I just couldn't stand it any more... I never went back. It was a very hard decision for me to make, as some of the people here may remember. I loved my job, and it was probably the most difficult thing I've done, leaving it behind. I'm not saying this is true for you at all, or that you should give up your job, just saying how I can relate to how you're feeling, and I know how hard it used to be to just go to work, knowing how it made my feet feel. I wouldn't even take my breaks because I knew I would not be able to get back up after sitting down. I like to get things done fast, and people who walk slowly have always frustrated me... then I became the one LIMPING to help the lady at the counter...

It's funny, because I used to work in a copy shop, and yesterday I was a customer at one. The lady helping me (I think she was a polio victim) limped and hobbled to go get me the colored paper I wanted... and I felt so bad, I didn't dare tell her that wasn't the color I wanted... I just used it... she probably wasn't even in pain, I don't know... It just really brought me back.

I do miss my job sometimes. As much as those customers frustrated me sometimes, I loved my coworkers and I still pine for the days when I was an important part of a team. Anyway, longer than planned as usual... just wanted to tell you I can relate... bigtime.

Val.

Carole C on 5/30/02 at 13:10 (085783)

Wow! You are definitely brave. Since I live alone, I don't know if I'd feel comfortable inviting people I don't know into my home. I guess neighbors are safe enough. Today I was thinking that maybe instead, I could do seasonal tax work. I've heard that people with a mathematical bent really clean up doing that.

Carole C

RACHAEL T. on 5/30/02 at 22:40 (085868)

Thanks in a big way for your understanding & your thoughts.......it is nice to know that someone does understand totally --- I guess we are all in the same predicament - thus, understanding is easier for one of us than someone healthy & well-footed! I am hopeful that tomorrow's feet are happy!!!! Because, that makes me happy!!!

Carole C in NOLA on 5/30/02 at 06:08 (085726)

I wonder if there's something to that full moon theory of yours. We also had a big thunderstorm yesterday, and at the time I wondered if the low pressure played a role in this since storms have been few and far between this spring. I'm sorry to hear your feet hurt too! After Friday, my meetings are over and I intend to be very nice to my feet this weekend. So, hopefully by Monday I'll be cheery again.

I iced for a half hour (off and on) last night, and stretched before bedtime. This morning I stretched a lot before ever getting out of bed.

It sure is depressing, isn't it, Rachael! I hope you are better soon and happily back on your horses. Good luck with them this weekend if you have another horse show. :)

As for me, today I'm daydreaming about retirement one of these days. I have a great job but I don't love to hurt and pain makes me feel much older.

Carole C

Valerie S on 5/30/02 at 08:01 (085738)

I wish I could blame it on the moon and the tides, but I know my setback is caused by overdoing it. I took care of my 3 year old niece all last week, and just started my Tupperware business last week too... had 2 parties. Tupperware is nice, because you set your own hours, and the money is fantastic (not to mention the discount you get, and I love giving away free stuff to my hosts, it's really fun!). I have to stand for about an hour for the demo, but I can sit after that, and theoretically I could sit for the demo too... I am the boss! Lucky for me, my feet can handle a lot more than they could a year ago, and soon I expect to be making a full-time income working about 15 hours a week. I even have my own website, it's great fun.

Oops, I really didn't mean to go on about the Tupperware, this isn't the place... sorry I got a little too excited. My niece really ran me ragged last week, and I started hurting about Monday... I know I need to be careful, because my feet are starting to feel bad again. I got distracted by the springtime, and this seems to be the time we all come out of hibernation and tend to overdo... we are finally getting some May-type weather here in Michigan. It has been February/March all month here.

Take care and I hope we all remember to take care of our feet and get better fast!

Val.

Carole C in NOLA on 5/30/02 at 08:25 (085742)

You are probably right about the moon and tides. I suspect it's the hard floors at the conference that are getting me, plus the long periods of sitting which result in 'first thing after getting up in the morning' pains later in the day.

I know someone who makes quite a lot at Tupperware. I would seriously think about it too, except that she already has 'hit on' everyone at my work, and I don't really know that many other people. Plus, I'm not much of a party person and I don't use Tupperware myself.

It's great to be able to supplement one's income that way. Maybe I'd do better learning how to help people with their taxes, or something like that, however.

Carole C

Valerie S on 5/30/02 at 08:31 (085744)

Hi Carole,

I'm hoping to MEET people doing Tupperware... hee hee... I moved 3 hours from my old home and know my 3 neighbors and that's it! I had my first party, and I was knocking on their doors, saying 'Will you please come? I don't know anybody around here...' hee hee...

Thank goodness for my supportive husband. He has helped me a lot, sold about $150 at work with little orders that people keep giving him, and helped me already date 2 parties. It's funny how he says he doesn't want to get involved, until it's time to get the free stuff!

I am really kind of a shy person, but years of waitressing and customer service jobs have taught me how to fake it... the hard part is forcing myself to talk to people I don't know or asking anyone to hold a demo. I'll get there though - I'm going for that free car!

Val.

Mahatmelissama on 5/30/02 at 10:37 (085762)

Valerie, you are just too cute with your tupperware! LOL!

Re: 5/29 SEEMS TO BE A PAINFUL DAY FOR MANY OF US!

Mahatmelissama on 5/30/02 at 10:39 (085763)

The moon DOES affect the tide...we can't rule out it affects other things.

I know yesterday, it was hot and my left foot started hurting something fierce.
I drank some wine and BAM that was it! I think I swelled up or soemthing.

john h on 5/30/02 at 11:23 (085768)

I know you can often point to some event that may have caused a setback but from my experience there are just as many setbacks with no apparent cause at all.

RACHAEL T. on 5/30/02 at 11:24 (085769)

I understand your reasoning about retirement & yet still loving job vs. the pain factor & feeling OLD. I agree - the horses & the competitions make me feel young, successful, & useful -- & then, the pain sets in the next day or so......UGH. I often ponder retirement - & since I am self-employed w/ my horsetraining it is my choice. But, when training many horses (20 in my barn) & riders for consecutive years - growing close to them as 'friends' too - not just clients -- it is difficult to think of retirement too. Today, the feet after 3 days of not too good - are improved some -- I've taped today & yesterday's resting, ice, stretching & usuals are paying off today. We all hang in there!

Valerie S on 5/30/02 at 13:04 (085779)

Hi.

In March of 2001, I decided to take a couple weeks off work because I just couldn't stand it any more... I never went back. It was a very hard decision for me to make, as some of the people here may remember. I loved my job, and it was probably the most difficult thing I've done, leaving it behind. I'm not saying this is true for you at all, or that you should give up your job, just saying how I can relate to how you're feeling, and I know how hard it used to be to just go to work, knowing how it made my feet feel. I wouldn't even take my breaks because I knew I would not be able to get back up after sitting down. I like to get things done fast, and people who walk slowly have always frustrated me... then I became the one LIMPING to help the lady at the counter...

It's funny, because I used to work in a copy shop, and yesterday I was a customer at one. The lady helping me (I think she was a polio victim) limped and hobbled to go get me the colored paper I wanted... and I felt so bad, I didn't dare tell her that wasn't the color I wanted... I just used it... she probably wasn't even in pain, I don't know... It just really brought me back.

I do miss my job sometimes. As much as those customers frustrated me sometimes, I loved my coworkers and I still pine for the days when I was an important part of a team. Anyway, longer than planned as usual... just wanted to tell you I can relate... bigtime.

Val.

Carole C on 5/30/02 at 13:10 (085783)

Wow! You are definitely brave. Since I live alone, I don't know if I'd feel comfortable inviting people I don't know into my home. I guess neighbors are safe enough. Today I was thinking that maybe instead, I could do seasonal tax work. I've heard that people with a mathematical bent really clean up doing that.

Carole C

RACHAEL T. on 5/30/02 at 22:40 (085868)

Thanks in a big way for your understanding & your thoughts.......it is nice to know that someone does understand totally --- I guess we are all in the same predicament - thus, understanding is easier for one of us than someone healthy & well-footed! I am hopeful that tomorrow's feet are happy!!!! Because, that makes me happy!!!