Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Whats this world coming to!!

Posted by Necee on 5/30/02 at 14:48 (085806)

Just as I was thinking about our neighbors to the North (NY), and just after I posted my message about that subject......my phone rang.

It was my niece, she is 8 months pregnant and she told me about an incident that just happened to her......she was behind a man on the service road of the interstate, she had just picked up her 5 yr old from school and was heading home. This man slightly bumped her car with caused her to hit another car, well the man drove off and she didn't want him to get away without making sure that the woman in the other car was ok and didn't have any damage......she followed him to an intersection with the other woman right behind her.....at that intersection my niece got out of her car because she couldn't get the mans attention, about that time he jumped out and got right in her face, yelling, cursing and spiting at her. She ran back to her car, but he wouldn't let her get in, she said there were several cars that passed as this was happening but nobody would help her.
She managed to get away from him and drove home, she called the police who seemed uninterested in her report.
I'm just so very thankful that this man didn't have a gun or a knife.
My niece said it never occured to her that there would be an altercation like that, he was an older man and all she wanted to do was let him know that he had bumped her car.
Whats this world coming to!!!!!

Necee

Re: Whats this world coming to!!

BrianG on 5/30/02 at 17:29 (085824)

An 8 month pregnant woman is chasing down a man, to yell at him because of a fender bender????? What was she thinking! I think this is a good message for everyone. If it effects you that much, call the cops and let them figure it out. Thats what they get paid for. There is already too much road rage these days. Doesn't she watch the news? Anyways, I'm glad she is OK, but I hope if something like this happens again, she won't feel the need to get so involved. Too many crazies out there.

BrianG

nancy s. on 5/30/02 at 17:32 (085827)

road rage seems to get only worse, not better. this is too bad, necee. it must've been scary. i think people should ride trains more and learn to relax! judge judy would've fined this guy BIG time -- i saw her do it just the other night. (i confess, this is one my little private parties i have once in a while if i can't sleep -- i tape a judge judy now and then, and have it ready for insomnia. then i have a glass of wine, hopefully some chocalate if there's any in the house, and watch judge judy nail a non-thinker. always calms me down and sends me back to bed. strange, eh? whatever works!)
nancy

paula on 5/31/02 at 07:44 (085883)

adrenalin kicks in at these moments. it happened to me and my partner when we owned a store and some big guys grabbed an item and ran and we, two little intellectual nerds chased them. there's this thing that kicks in when you have been stepped on. it is a natural, evolutionary reaction. but it could be very dangerous. when it was over we realized we should not have done that.

Re: To: Brian

Necee on 5/31/02 at 08:19 (085884)

She wasn't chasing him down Brian.....she simply walked to his car to inform him that he had just hit her, and she didn't yell at him either....she was too frightened, ......I never said anything in my post about her yelling at him, or chasing him.....and yes she did call the police....apparently you didn't read my post correctly.

Necee

BrianG on 5/31/02 at 09:28 (085886)

Thank you for explaining it more, but it's still a very dangerous thing to do. I'm glad she is OK.

BrianG

Necee on 6/03/02 at 07:58 (086129)

Yes, I agree Brian...it was a very stupid thing for her to do, but being that she lives in a small town she really didn't think that she would be in any danger. She now knows different, like they say.....hind sight is 20/20.
Happy trails...
Necee

BrianG on 5/30/02 at 17:29 (085824)

An 8 month pregnant woman is chasing down a man, to yell at him because of a fender bender????? What was she thinking! I think this is a good message for everyone. If it effects you that much, call the cops and let them figure it out. Thats what they get paid for. There is already too much road rage these days. Doesn't she watch the news? Anyways, I'm glad she is OK, but I hope if something like this happens again, she won't feel the need to get so involved. Too many crazies out there.

BrianG

nancy s. on 5/30/02 at 17:32 (085827)

road rage seems to get only worse, not better. this is too bad, necee. it must've been scary. i think people should ride trains more and learn to relax! judge judy would've fined this guy BIG time -- i saw her do it just the other night. (i confess, this is one my little private parties i have once in a while if i can't sleep -- i tape a judge judy now and then, and have it ready for insomnia. then i have a glass of wine, hopefully some chocalate if there's any in the house, and watch judge judy nail a non-thinker. always calms me down and sends me back to bed. strange, eh? whatever works!)
nancy

paula on 5/31/02 at 07:44 (085883)

adrenalin kicks in at these moments. it happened to me and my partner when we owned a store and some big guys grabbed an item and ran and we, two little intellectual nerds chased them. there's this thing that kicks in when you have been stepped on. it is a natural, evolutionary reaction. but it could be very dangerous. when it was over we realized we should not have done that.

Necee on 5/31/02 at 08:19 (085884)

She wasn't chasing him down Brian.....she simply walked to his car to inform him that he had just hit her, and she didn't yell at him either....she was too frightened, ......I never said anything in my post about her yelling at him, or chasing him.....and yes she did call the police....apparently you didn't read my post correctly.

Necee

BrianG on 5/31/02 at 09:28 (085886)

Thank you for explaining it more, but it's still a very dangerous thing to do. I'm glad she is OK.

BrianG

Necee on 6/03/02 at 07:58 (086129)

Yes, I agree Brian...it was a very stupid thing for her to do, but being that she lives in a small town she really didn't think that she would be in any danger. She now knows different, like they say.....hind sight is 20/20.
Happy trails...
Necee