Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Laurie R: How are you doing after your nerve block?

Posted by Missy B on 5/30/02 at 18:56 (085836)

Hi Laurie - I have been thinking about you today and wondering how your nerve block went? Hope it has your RSD pain under control for awhile.
How thoughtful of you to remember your PM and staff - sometimes in all our pain, we forget the small things that others do for us to try and ease our suffering. You get my 'Smile of the Day' award because reading your post from 5/29 made my heart smile.
Keep us posted on your progress. Missy B.

Re: Laurie R: How are you doing after your nerve block?

Laurie R on 5/30/02 at 20:02 (085845)

Hi Missy , Thank you so much for thinking of me . Today's injections went really well . When I get them done they give me a lot of drugs so I don't know what is going on , this is the way I like it . Just the thought of 6 inch needles going in my spine is enough to make me crazy . I have learned to not even think about it before hand and just go and do it . My PM doctor came in the OR and asked the nurse if she had given me the meds yet , she said no . He came right up to me and held my hand till she gave me the meds . Before I knew it it was done and my hubby was standing there.

The whole staff at the surgery center are wonderful people , very caring . This was my 8 th spinel injection for RSD , I think it helped , as for now I can't feel the RSD pain . So I am very happy ....

Thank you again for asking for me .....
Much love , Laurie R

Janet C on 5/30/02 at 21:19 (085858)

Hi Laurie ~

I'm so happy to hear that you're still getting relief from the nerve blocks. I think that means you're still in Symp. Maintained Pain, not Symp. Independent Pain, which is good.

I didn't realize that the needles were six inches long(!), because the Dr. always had me lay on my stomach, so I never saw it coming - LOL! But for those that may need them in the future - and wouldn't you agree it's true - you hardly feel a thing, and it's over before you know they've even begun!

Take care, Laurie! Continue to get your rest, and recover well!

With Warmest Wishes Always ~ Janet

Laurie R on 5/30/02 at 20:02 (085845)

Hi Missy , Thank you so much for thinking of me . Today's injections went really well . When I get them done they give me a lot of drugs so I don't know what is going on , this is the way I like it . Just the thought of 6 inch needles going in my spine is enough to make me crazy . I have learned to not even think about it before hand and just go and do it . My PM doctor came in the OR and asked the nurse if she had given me the meds yet , she said no . He came right up to me and held my hand till she gave me the meds . Before I knew it it was done and my hubby was standing there.

The whole staff at the surgery center are wonderful people , very caring . This was my 8 th spinel injection for RSD , I think it helped , as for now I can't feel the RSD pain . So I am very happy ....

Thank you again for asking for me .....
Much love , Laurie R

Janet C on 5/30/02 at 21:19 (085858)

Hi Laurie ~

I'm so happy to hear that you're still getting relief from the nerve blocks. I think that means you're still in Symp. Maintained Pain, not Symp. Independent Pain, which is good.

I didn't realize that the needles were six inches long(!), because the Dr. always had me lay on my stomach, so I never saw it coming - LOL! But for those that may need them in the future - and wouldn't you agree it's true - you hardly feel a thing, and it's over before you know they've even begun!

Take care, Laurie! Continue to get your rest, and recover well!

With Warmest Wishes Always ~ Janet