Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar fasciitis

Posted by Annette M on 5/30/02 at 20:26 (085851)

How long does plantar fasciitis last? I had it for a month and it causes me alot of pain.

Re: Plantar fasciitis

Carole C on 5/31/02 at 05:18 (085878)

Annette, it can last from months to years. The rate of recovery is generally highly dependent on how soon conservative treatments are begun, from what doctors here have said.

The first step in beginning conservative treatments might be to read the heel pain book on this site. Also, reading these message boards and discussing any questions or observations you may have concerning your PF, can be very helpful.

My own PF began in late September, 2001, but was not diagnosed until November when I began conservative treatments. By late February I was feeling much better. Usually I am essentially pain free by now, although sometimes I still feel some pain from it.

Carole C

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/31/02 at 05:24 (085880)

Hi Annette:

The best advice I can give is get started in conservative treatment ASAP. The sooner the better with this condition. i agree reads Scott;s heel pain book.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Carole C on 5/31/02 at 05:18 (085878)

Annette, it can last from months to years. The rate of recovery is generally highly dependent on how soon conservative treatments are begun, from what doctors here have said.

The first step in beginning conservative treatments might be to read the heel pain book on this site. Also, reading these message boards and discussing any questions or observations you may have concerning your PF, can be very helpful.

My own PF began in late September, 2001, but was not diagnosed until November when I began conservative treatments. By late February I was feeling much better. Usually I am essentially pain free by now, although sometimes I still feel some pain from it.

Carole C

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/31/02 at 05:24 (085880)

Hi Annette:

The best advice I can give is get started in conservative treatment ASAP. The sooner the better with this condition. i agree reads Scott;s heel pain book.

Dr. John Cozzarelli