Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Wendy, is it any warmer up your way?

Posted by Suzanne D on 5/31/02 at 15:32 (085923)

Hi, Wendy! It is just plain hot here in Kentucky today: in the 80's. I hope that where you live it is springlike by now! Has the ice and snow all melted?

School is out here, and this weather makes it really feel like summer has arrived. I am glad as my daughter's birthday is Monday, and she has invited some friends to come swim tomorrow in the nearby camp pool.

On the other hand, my daughter will be 16, and you know what that means: driving! :-) I think you've recently been through that with your son! I went through it with my other daughter 5 years ago, but that doesn't seem to make things any easier this time around! I guess one never thinks the 'baby' is old enough!

Hoping things are warmer your way,
Suzanne :-)

Re: Suzanne

wendyn on 5/31/02 at 16:23 (085933)

Yes - thanks Suzanne!

It is much warmer now, and hopefully the snow is gone until at least August!

I planted my bedding out plants this week, and the leaves are almost out on the trees (at least there's some green now).

My 16 year old did start driving a few months ago, and it has gotten easier (for us). He will be 17 in August, and now driving seems like the least of my worries. He is leaving right now to go camping with friends (yikes). How am I supposed to sleep at night with all of the worrying I have to do?

Suzanne D on 5/31/02 at 17:25 (085940)

I can relate, Wendy! My mama always said that life was full of 'stages'. She would say, 'This is just a stage, Suzanne.' about everything.

Talking about worrying in the night ~ I can remember when my girls were little and had fevers, I would wake up exactly every 4 hours, just when they would need Tylenol, without any alarm being set. It was like my 'internal alarm' was set!

I suppose it's part of being a mother. After you get used to their driving, then it is college. Now my daughter's 21 and engaged...Another stage!

Re: P.S. Glad it's finally springtime for you! (eom)

Suzanne D on 5/31/02 at 17:29 (085942)

wendyn on 5/31/02 at 16:23 (085933)

Yes - thanks Suzanne!

It is much warmer now, and hopefully the snow is gone until at least August!

I planted my bedding out plants this week, and the leaves are almost out on the trees (at least there's some green now).

My 16 year old did start driving a few months ago, and it has gotten easier (for us). He will be 17 in August, and now driving seems like the least of my worries. He is leaving right now to go camping with friends (yikes). How am I supposed to sleep at night with all of the worrying I have to do?

Suzanne D on 5/31/02 at 17:25 (085940)

I can relate, Wendy! My mama always said that life was full of 'stages'. She would say, 'This is just a stage, Suzanne.' about everything.

Talking about worrying in the night ~ I can remember when my girls were little and had fevers, I would wake up exactly every 4 hours, just when they would need Tylenol, without any alarm being set. It was like my 'internal alarm' was set!

I suppose it's part of being a mother. After you get used to their driving, then it is college. Now my daughter's 21 and engaged...Another stage!

Re: P.S. Glad it's finally springtime for you! (eom)

Suzanne D on 5/31/02 at 17:29 (085942)