Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT in Vancouver BC???

Posted by Jan M. on 6/01/02 at 01:04 (085980)

Hi,
I'm from Alaska and have had PF since 1999. I've tried every treatment available except surgery and nothing has helped. ESWT is too expensive here. Does anyone know of ESWT treatment in Vancouver BC? (flights are cheap from here to there).
Thanks,
Jan
PS: This is a great website, so encouraging!

Re: ESWT in Vancouver BC???

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/01/02 at 12:49 (086009)

Sonorex treatment center in Vancouver, BC -- highly recommended.
Ed

john h on 6/01/02 at 20:39 (086041)

Yes ESWT is available in Vancouver and is relatively inexpensive compared to the U.S. I think Bayshore has a clinic there. Check their web page. If not I know there are other clinics there.

Jan M on 6/01/02 at 23:50 (086053)

Thank you! Bayshore's website does not give info about a treatment center in Vancouver, but maybe it's not updated and hopefully my email to them will bring me positive news.
Do you know if their use of ultrasound to find the precise point of pain is that important? Does everyone do this? Is this something I should consider when I look for treatment? Is the success rate higher if ultrasound is used?
I did find two treatment centers using the 'search' on this page. One is in Vancouver and the other in Victoria but I don't know if they are part of Bayshore.

Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 6/02/02 at 09:56 (086073)

Jan,
Bayshore and Sonorex are two different companies. At present, Bayshore clinics have two locations in Toronto.
In-line ultrasound to direct shock wave is part of our treatment protocol for low intensity, multiple treatment ESWT.

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/01/02 at 12:49 (086009)

Sonorex treatment center in Vancouver, BC -- highly recommended.
Ed

john h on 6/01/02 at 20:39 (086041)

Yes ESWT is available in Vancouver and is relatively inexpensive compared to the U.S. I think Bayshore has a clinic there. Check their web page. If not I know there are other clinics there.

Jan M on 6/01/02 at 23:50 (086053)

Thank you! Bayshore's website does not give info about a treatment center in Vancouver, but maybe it's not updated and hopefully my email to them will bring me positive news.
Do you know if their use of ultrasound to find the precise point of pain is that important? Does everyone do this? Is this something I should consider when I look for treatment? Is the success rate higher if ultrasound is used?
I did find two treatment centers using the 'search' on this page. One is in Vancouver and the other in Victoria but I don't know if they are part of Bayshore.

Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 6/02/02 at 09:56 (086073)

Jan,
Bayshore and Sonorex are two different companies. At present, Bayshore clinics have two locations in Toronto.
In-line ultrasound to direct shock wave is part of our treatment protocol for low intensity, multiple treatment ESWT.