Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT in Victoria BC or elsewhere in British Columbia?

Posted by Dale Q on 6/01/02 at 12:15 (086005)

Does anyone know of any Drs. using ESWT in British Columbia and preferably in Victoria?

Re: ESWT in Victoria BC or elsewhere in British Columbia?

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/01/02 at 12:49 (086008)

You have better access than most -- Sonorex treatment center in Vancouver, BC. i am not aware of a facility in Victoria.
Ed

Jan M on 6/01/02 at 23:44 (086052)

I clicked on 'Search' on the top of this page and clicked on Search ESWT Treatment Locations Database, typed in British Columbia and found two treatment centers. One is in Vancouver BC and the other is in Victoria BC.
I don't know if either of these is a Bayshore clinic. I understand that Bayshore uses ultrasound to pinpoint the exact place of inflammation. I don't know if other treatment centers do this or if this is an important tool for healing.

Ed Davis on 6/03/02 at 15:27 (086165)

Jan:

Ultrasound is nice to have but not a necessity for treatment. Ultrasound aiming has become a marketing tool by Dornier. I do not think you will find any scientific evidence supporting the need for ultrasound guided aiming although it 'sounds good.'
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/01/02 at 12:49 (086008)

You have better access than most -- Sonorex treatment center in Vancouver, BC. i am not aware of a facility in Victoria.
Ed

Jan M on 6/01/02 at 23:44 (086052)

I clicked on 'Search' on the top of this page and clicked on Search ESWT Treatment Locations Database, typed in British Columbia and found two treatment centers. One is in Vancouver BC and the other is in Victoria BC.
I don't know if either of these is a Bayshore clinic. I understand that Bayshore uses ultrasound to pinpoint the exact place of inflammation. I don't know if other treatment centers do this or if this is an important tool for healing.

Ed Davis on 6/03/02 at 15:27 (086165)

Jan:

Ultrasound is nice to have but not a necessity for treatment. Ultrasound aiming has become a marketing tool by Dornier. I do not think you will find any scientific evidence supporting the need for ultrasound guided aiming although it 'sounds good.'
Ed