Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foot pain

Posted by Sandy A on 6/01/02 at 13:45 (086018)

Approximately 2 months ago, I was bare foot and stepped on a rock while power walking. Since then, I have had pain on the left outter side of my left heal. At first I felt that it was a bone bruise and that it would go away. The more active I become, the more it hurts. If I turn my ankle sideways so that my foot is facing inward, the pain increases.
What should I do?

Re: foot pain

Carole C in NOLA on 6/01/02 at 18:03 (086032)

I'm not a foot doctor, but in answer to your question, I think you should see one and get a diagnosis of what is causing your pain. Then, you will know what is wrong and can go from there.

From your description, it sounds like it's feeling worse rather than better after two months. I hope it turns out to have been a bone bruise and nothing more serious (they do sometimes take a very long time to heal).

Carole C

Re: foot pain

Carole C in NOLA on 6/01/02 at 18:03 (086032)

I'm not a foot doctor, but in answer to your question, I think you should see one and get a diagnosis of what is causing your pain. Then, you will know what is wrong and can go from there.

From your description, it sounds like it's feeling worse rather than better after two months. I hope it turns out to have been a bone bruise and nothing more serious (they do sometimes take a very long time to heal).

Carole C