Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

1 year post op

Posted by Linda h on 6/03/02 at 08:14 (086130)

Hello all,
It's been about 9 months since I posted anything. It's been a year now since my surgery (plantar fascia and nerve release) and wanted to let you know how things are going. I am basically pain free at this point. No more pain in the bottom of my foot. I do still have some swelling around my ankle which the Dr. says I may have the rest of my life. He thinks it is more due to the fibromyalgia that I have than the surgery. Overall I am very please with my results. I know the first few weeks and even months can be very very hard. I just encourage you to hang in there for 'this too shall pass'. I'm glad I had the surgery. I'm not sure I would go through it again though. Hope all you guys that had your surgery last March April and May are doing well. You were a great source of comfort to me. Thanks!
Linda H

Re: 1 year post op

Sharon W on 6/03/02 at 11:45 (086149)

Linda,

Thanks for posting! It always makes me feel good, to see a post by someone who had a really good result from TTS release surgery -- and that is especially true since I will probably be having one myself next month!

-- Sharon

Barbara S on 6/03/02 at 12:36 (086155)

Hi Linda,

Thanks for posting. I hope I'll be making a post like yours one yr from now. I'm 6wk post op and I think it is going real slow. Not even walking yet. So your post is very encouraging. At least we know there is hope. Thanks again, God Bless and Take Care. Barbara S.

Missy B on 6/03/02 at 12:45 (086156)

Hi Linda,
So glad to hear from someone who has had such great results and is now one year post-op. I am 19 weeks post-op from PF/TT release surgery and my doctor has told me it may take up to a year for final results. I still have some discomfort and soreness, but not severe pain, and after reading your post I feel hopeful and that year long wait does not seem so bleak anymore. There are wonderful people here on this board and many of us are all going thru the same post-op waiting period, so a bright note like yours gives hope to all of us. Thanks so much for sharing your success story with us. My wish is that we will all be so lucky. Missy B.

Tonya R. on 6/03/02 at 16:04 (086171)

Thanks for the positive feedback. As the others have stated, it is nice to hear someone with a good outcome. At almost four weeks post-op, it is still too early to tell for me, but I can honestly say that in the last week(since having cast removed)I have felt some relief. I have been told from others on this board that the discomforts that I have been feeling are quite normal during this phase of the healing. Thanks for sharing Linda. You have given those of us who just had surgery something to look forward too.

kay on 6/04/02 at 13:38 (086273)

i am have the same surgery on the 18th of this month. i am so scared that it won't work. it is indeed good to hear someone with good results from the surgery. it gives me some hope.
kay

trish e on 6/05/02 at 08:17 (086351)

yes it is nice to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel,iam 3 months post op and still have alot of pain in the heal area and swelling in ankle and bottom of foot,now in aircast for 5 weeks.iam glad you are pain free can not wait till i get there.have a great day

DW on 6/05/02 at 17:27 (086410)

I, too, had the PF release/spur removal/nerve release surgery, this last December. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I have some morning stiffness, but I'm not sure some of that's not radiating from the knee. I wear *proper* (meaning expensive, no more Payless specials) shoes at all times, and I can walk anywhere I want. I can go shopping and not have to sit down and rest in the middle, or pay for it by spending the entire evening on the couch with an icebag. Actually, my knees have been bothering me a bit more lately coz I've been much more active in the last few months than I have been in over two years. I had an excellent doctor, but also followed the advice of many on this board in taking it easy after the surgery. I think my dr would have had me up and on it sooner than I was actually ready for. By *listening* to everyone here, I followed my own regimen for getting back on my feet and it paid off very well. So, thanks to all of you who have contributed to my recovery! :)
Dona

Missy B on 6/05/02 at 23:23 (086468)

Hi Dona,
So nice to read another encouraging progress report. I had my surgery this past January, and like you, I am not sorry that I did it. I had come to the conclusion that it was my only option left if I was to have a half decent life in the future. It is so nice be able to work a full day again and not be in tears. And I am actually starting to look forward to Christmas shopping this year. How's that for optimism. Thanks for sharing your promising recovery with us. Missy B.

lisa k on 6/06/02 at 12:04 (086534)

THANK YOU!for posting your experience and giving new PF's HOPE,God Bless you

Sharon W on 6/03/02 at 11:45 (086149)

Linda,

Thanks for posting! It always makes me feel good, to see a post by someone who had a really good result from TTS release surgery -- and that is especially true since I will probably be having one myself next month!

-- Sharon

Barbara S on 6/03/02 at 12:36 (086155)

Hi Linda,

Thanks for posting. I hope I'll be making a post like yours one yr from now. I'm 6wk post op and I think it is going real slow. Not even walking yet. So your post is very encouraging. At least we know there is hope. Thanks again, God Bless and Take Care. Barbara S.

Missy B on 6/03/02 at 12:45 (086156)

Hi Linda,
So glad to hear from someone who has had such great results and is now one year post-op. I am 19 weeks post-op from PF/TT release surgery and my doctor has told me it may take up to a year for final results. I still have some discomfort and soreness, but not severe pain, and after reading your post I feel hopeful and that year long wait does not seem so bleak anymore. There are wonderful people here on this board and many of us are all going thru the same post-op waiting period, so a bright note like yours gives hope to all of us. Thanks so much for sharing your success story with us. My wish is that we will all be so lucky. Missy B.

Tonya R. on 6/03/02 at 16:04 (086171)

Thanks for the positive feedback. As the others have stated, it is nice to hear someone with a good outcome. At almost four weeks post-op, it is still too early to tell for me, but I can honestly say that in the last week(since having cast removed)I have felt some relief. I have been told from others on this board that the discomforts that I have been feeling are quite normal during this phase of the healing. Thanks for sharing Linda. You have given those of us who just had surgery something to look forward too.

kay on 6/04/02 at 13:38 (086273)

i am have the same surgery on the 18th of this month. i am so scared that it won't work. it is indeed good to hear someone with good results from the surgery. it gives me some hope.
kay

trish e on 6/05/02 at 08:17 (086351)

yes it is nice to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel,iam 3 months post op and still have alot of pain in the heal area and swelling in ankle and bottom of foot,now in aircast for 5 weeks.iam glad you are pain free can not wait till i get there.have a great day

DW on 6/05/02 at 17:27 (086410)

I, too, had the PF release/spur removal/nerve release surgery, this last December. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I have some morning stiffness, but I'm not sure some of that's not radiating from the knee. I wear *proper* (meaning expensive, no more Payless specials) shoes at all times, and I can walk anywhere I want. I can go shopping and not have to sit down and rest in the middle, or pay for it by spending the entire evening on the couch with an icebag. Actually, my knees have been bothering me a bit more lately coz I've been much more active in the last few months than I have been in over two years. I had an excellent doctor, but also followed the advice of many on this board in taking it easy after the surgery. I think my dr would have had me up and on it sooner than I was actually ready for. By *listening* to everyone here, I followed my own regimen for getting back on my feet and it paid off very well. So, thanks to all of you who have contributed to my recovery! :)
Dona

Missy B on 6/05/02 at 23:23 (086468)

Hi Dona,
So nice to read another encouraging progress report. I had my surgery this past January, and like you, I am not sorry that I did it. I had come to the conclusion that it was my only option left if I was to have a half decent life in the future. It is so nice be able to work a full day again and not be in tears. And I am actually starting to look forward to Christmas shopping this year. How's that for optimism. Thanks for sharing your promising recovery with us. Missy B.

lisa k on 6/06/02 at 12:04 (086534)

THANK YOU!for posting your experience and giving new PF's HOPE,God Bless you