Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Jade Bal

Posted by Nigel b on 6/03/02 at 09:54 (086140)

anyone know what happened about the Jade Balm that was tried by a number of people on this site last year/ Any results?

Re: Jade Bal

john h on 6/03/02 at 11:43 (086147)

I still use Jade & Ibuprofen. They have not cured me but they are good for massage of the foot and maybe or maybe not they help some?

john h on 6/03/02 at 11:45 (086148)

I also use the Super Blue Stuff on occasion. They now sell this in some drugstores so you do not have to order it off of an infomercial. It contains one of Wendy's favorite wonder drugs---emu oil.

nancy s. on 6/03/02 at 17:20 (086180)

hi nigel -- your questions always seem to relate to me somehow!

i was in the jade balm trial, and SOMEWHERE i have a couple of tubes left over. it didn't do anything for me, but several people on this board seemed to have a good/verygood reaction to it.

i'd be glad to send you my unopened jade tubes, as soon as i can locate them. would you like me to do that?

nancy

Re: Jade Balm

Valerie S on 6/03/02 at 21:44 (086208)

I was in the Jade Trial and experienced slow but steady improvement during the trial period. I still like the smell of the Jade Balm, and believe the frangrance may even have it's own therapeutic qualities. I cannot credit my improvement solely to the Jade Balm, but would definitely not rule it out either... I also have a tube in my medicine cabinet, and now that you mention it, I think I will get it out and see what happens for my feet. I seem to be sliding backwards and getting stuck in the PF muck here.

john h on 6/04/02 at 09:38 (086244)

Nancy: Why not use it as sort of perfume since it smells much like Lemmon Pledge. A little dab on the wrist and behind the ear and who knows what might happen!

Lynda S. on 6/04/02 at 22:30 (086327)

I was in the Jade trial last summer, and after utilizing all other suggestions and surgery x two, I decided what the heck. I absolutely did not think it would do a thing, and within two days I noticed a big improvement, enough that I was able to walk all day at Gettysburg on vacation. I still use it when I think they're a little achy, but I believe most of the improvement was noticed at the very beginning.

nigel b on 6/05/02 at 07:52 (086349)

nancy-thanks for the offer but I,m not convinced enough to put you through the trouble of sending the balm-rest and birks seem to be having a good effect-many thanks again (for all of your advice over the last few days)

nancy s. on 6/05/02 at 16:27 (086397)

ok, nigel . . . i'm glad to hear the birks are helping. you're breaking them in more slowly? and the ridge is not bothering you as much?
nancy

nigel b on 6/05/02 at 16:34 (086398)

Nancy-yes I am-the arch still causes my foot to ache as it dips at the front but not as much-it even looks flatter now-do you think this is all our imagination-I would like to see them next to an unused pair to see if there really is a change as we wear them-mind you I still cant imagine getting Birks shoes and wearing them all day

nancy s. on 6/05/02 at 16:53 (086404)

nigel, i don't know how quickly the conforming happens -- i guess it varies -- but it's probably not your imagination. i actually have compared boston birks that i've worn for a while with a new pair of the same, and there's quite a difference. the worn ones get a smoother, more contoured look. (and they feel a lot better than new ones.) doesn't that sound beautiful?

if they're right for you, you'll be wearing them all day. but we'll have to wait and see!

nancy

nigel b on 6/05/02 at 17:00 (086407)

Thanks Nancy-I,m going to hit the hay now-its 11 pm over here and I have a hangover from the Queen's Jubilee!

Re: Birkenstocks

Carole C in NOLA on 6/05/02 at 19:00 (086434)

I'm so glad you are doing better with the Birkenstocks!

I can't wear my Birkenstocks all day, so don't even feel that's a goal. I have been wearing them every day, after I get home from work, for over six months. I've worn them to work a few times, too, but I always change shoes when I get home.

I think they played a big role in helping my PF to heal, as an alternate shoe when I was not wearing my custom orthotics. I think the speed at which the cork conforms to your feet, depends on a lot of factors but I'd think they'd be thoroughly broken in after a week or two. You'll probably be able to tell. They will feel softer somehow.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 6/05/02 at 19:05 (086435)

By the way, Nigel, what a celebration! We've seen parts of it on television here, and it's been beautiful.

Carole C

john h on 6/06/02 at 09:15 (086491)

nigel: you are not Nigel Bruce are you? I bet you do not remember who he was? Probably Julie is the only one who remembers Nigel Bruce.

Nigel B on 6/06/02 at 11:40 (086526)

no I'm not but I hope he's better!

Nigel B on 6/06/02 at 11:53 (086530)

Unless you mean the Nigel Bruce who played Dr Watson-maybe we should ask Holmes if has an explanation for this mysterious pain that wont go away-'The Pound of the Birkenstocks'-

john h on 6/06/02 at 21:36 (086612)

By jove Nigel you have got it. Dr. Watson was indeed Nigel Bruce.

Nigel B on 6/07/02 at 04:16 (086628)

Google got it really but I am a Holmes fan

john h on 6/03/02 at 11:43 (086147)

I still use Jade & Ibuprofen. They have not cured me but they are good for massage of the foot and maybe or maybe not they help some?

john h on 6/03/02 at 11:45 (086148)

I also use the Super Blue Stuff on occasion. They now sell this in some drugstores so you do not have to order it off of an infomercial. It contains one of Wendy's favorite wonder drugs---emu oil.

nancy s. on 6/03/02 at 17:20 (086180)

hi nigel -- your questions always seem to relate to me somehow!

i was in the jade balm trial, and SOMEWHERE i have a couple of tubes left over. it didn't do anything for me, but several people on this board seemed to have a good/verygood reaction to it.

i'd be glad to send you my unopened jade tubes, as soon as i can locate them. would you like me to do that?

nancy

Re: Jade Balm

Valerie S on 6/03/02 at 21:44 (086208)

I was in the Jade Trial and experienced slow but steady improvement during the trial period. I still like the smell of the Jade Balm, and believe the frangrance may even have it's own therapeutic qualities. I cannot credit my improvement solely to the Jade Balm, but would definitely not rule it out either... I also have a tube in my medicine cabinet, and now that you mention it, I think I will get it out and see what happens for my feet. I seem to be sliding backwards and getting stuck in the PF muck here.

john h on 6/04/02 at 09:38 (086244)

Nancy: Why not use it as sort of perfume since it smells much like Lemmon Pledge. A little dab on the wrist and behind the ear and who knows what might happen!

Lynda S. on 6/04/02 at 22:30 (086327)

I was in the Jade trial last summer, and after utilizing all other suggestions and surgery x two, I decided what the heck. I absolutely did not think it would do a thing, and within two days I noticed a big improvement, enough that I was able to walk all day at Gettysburg on vacation. I still use it when I think they're a little achy, but I believe most of the improvement was noticed at the very beginning.

nigel b on 6/05/02 at 07:52 (086349)

nancy-thanks for the offer but I,m not convinced enough to put you through the trouble of sending the balm-rest and birks seem to be having a good effect-many thanks again (for all of your advice over the last few days)

nancy s. on 6/05/02 at 16:27 (086397)

ok, nigel . . . i'm glad to hear the birks are helping. you're breaking them in more slowly? and the ridge is not bothering you as much?
nancy

nigel b on 6/05/02 at 16:34 (086398)

Nancy-yes I am-the arch still causes my foot to ache as it dips at the front but not as much-it even looks flatter now-do you think this is all our imagination-I would like to see them next to an unused pair to see if there really is a change as we wear them-mind you I still cant imagine getting Birks shoes and wearing them all day

nancy s. on 6/05/02 at 16:53 (086404)

nigel, i don't know how quickly the conforming happens -- i guess it varies -- but it's probably not your imagination. i actually have compared boston birks that i've worn for a while with a new pair of the same, and there's quite a difference. the worn ones get a smoother, more contoured look. (and they feel a lot better than new ones.) doesn't that sound beautiful?

if they're right for you, you'll be wearing them all day. but we'll have to wait and see!

nancy

nigel b on 6/05/02 at 17:00 (086407)

Thanks Nancy-I,m going to hit the hay now-its 11 pm over here and I have a hangover from the Queen's Jubilee!

Re: Birkenstocks

Carole C in NOLA on 6/05/02 at 19:00 (086434)

I'm so glad you are doing better with the Birkenstocks!

I can't wear my Birkenstocks all day, so don't even feel that's a goal. I have been wearing them every day, after I get home from work, for over six months. I've worn them to work a few times, too, but I always change shoes when I get home.

I think they played a big role in helping my PF to heal, as an alternate shoe when I was not wearing my custom orthotics. I think the speed at which the cork conforms to your feet, depends on a lot of factors but I'd think they'd be thoroughly broken in after a week or two. You'll probably be able to tell. They will feel softer somehow.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 6/05/02 at 19:05 (086435)

By the way, Nigel, what a celebration! We've seen parts of it on television here, and it's been beautiful.

Carole C

john h on 6/06/02 at 09:15 (086491)

nigel: you are not Nigel Bruce are you? I bet you do not remember who he was? Probably Julie is the only one who remembers Nigel Bruce.

Nigel B on 6/06/02 at 11:40 (086526)

no I'm not but I hope he's better!

Nigel B on 6/06/02 at 11:53 (086530)

Unless you mean the Nigel Bruce who played Dr Watson-maybe we should ask Holmes if has an explanation for this mysterious pain that wont go away-'The Pound of the Birkenstocks'-

john h on 6/06/02 at 21:36 (086612)

By jove Nigel you have got it. Dr. Watson was indeed Nigel Bruce.

Nigel B on 6/07/02 at 04:16 (086628)

Google got it really but I am a Holmes fan