Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is FootFlex weight-bearing

Posted by Dean H on 6/04/02 at 00:53 (086222)

Almost everyone on this site says to avoid weight-bearing stretches, but the FootFlex gets good reviews. Is it not considered weight-bearing, or is it an exception to the rule?

Thanks,
Dean

Re: Is FootFlex weight-bearing

nancy s. on 6/04/02 at 04:14 (086224)

dean, many people have used the footflex in a non-weight-bearing position, such as under the desk you're sitting at or whatever. bob g comes to mind -- he was very conservative in his approach to his nasty pf, rested a lot, and did only very gentle stretching and strengthening. he used the footflex only while sitting, i believe. and as i recall, he did believe it helped him quite a bit. he was using it regularly.

he posted here for a long time, even after he felt recovered. now we haven't heard from him in maybe a year, so i think his methods worked for him.

nancy

Re: Is FootFlex weight-bearing

nancy s. on 6/04/02 at 04:14 (086224)

dean, many people have used the footflex in a non-weight-bearing position, such as under the desk you're sitting at or whatever. bob g comes to mind -- he was very conservative in his approach to his nasty pf, rested a lot, and did only very gentle stretching and strengthening. he used the footflex only while sitting, i believe. and as i recall, he did believe it helped him quite a bit. he was using it regularly.

he posted here for a long time, even after he felt recovered. now we haven't heard from him in maybe a year, so i think his methods worked for him.

nancy