Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Lonely

Posted by Dennis B. on 6/05/02 at 14:59 (086386)

Hey, where did everyone go?

Re: Lonely

Sharon W on 6/05/02 at 17:23 (086409)

Dennis,

You might try the 'Social' page -- or 'Foot Surgery'. This one does seem pretty deserted!

-- Sharon

wendyn on 6/05/02 at 17:56 (086417)

I'm around, no interesting discussions on the TTS board...but we have plenty going on in the social board....!!!!

Missy B on 6/05/02 at 23:29 (086470)

Hi Dennis,
Like many others, I have moved many of my posts to the foot surgery board or the social board. Now that my surgery is over I find more people to share with on the foot surgery board, and lots and lots of caring and sharing on the social one. Come join in with us!!!!!!! Missy B.

Sharon W on 6/06/02 at 09:51 (086503)

Missy,and Everyone Else,

You're right, of course, that the pages mostly dedicated to PF or to foot problems IN GENERAL are LOTS busier.

Still, I hope we don't lose this page because there are MANY more people with 'simple' PF, than than there are who have TTS (and/or other nerve problems), and I do think we need a place where those of us with nerve problems can really 'talk' about the things that people WITHOUT nerve problems can't really understand.

-- Sharon

Missy B on 6/06/02 at 19:48 (086600)

Hi Sharon,
I don't mean to imply that this board is not important anymore, and I do check it every day. I have learned a lot here and will continue to post when I feel I have something to offer. It just seems that many of the posts are from those who are pre-surgery - they are trying to find answers as to what TT is, how possibly to avoid having the surgery thru other treatments, or make a more informed decision about having the surgery if needed.
Since I have had my surgery and am now well into my recovery, I find a lot to learn and share on the foot surgery board, as you may too once you have had yours. Most of us are now recovering from actual surgery, and it is a good place to share our recovery experiences along with worries and questions relating to post-surgery problems.
On the social board, I find a lot of old fashion support for just about anything. It's a great place to share what is going on in our lives - whether it is related to our foot problems or not.
Only problem is, now that I am back to work, it is sometimes hard to keep up with all three boards - my computer time has increased a lot lately, but that's ok because I get tired of reading books all the time and TV is now into summer reruns. Missy B.

Sharon W on 6/05/02 at 17:23 (086409)

Dennis,

You might try the 'Social' page -- or 'Foot Surgery'. This one does seem pretty deserted!

-- Sharon

wendyn on 6/05/02 at 17:56 (086417)

I'm around, no interesting discussions on the TTS board...but we have plenty going on in the social board....!!!!

Missy B on 6/05/02 at 23:29 (086470)

Hi Dennis,
Like many others, I have moved many of my posts to the foot surgery board or the social board. Now that my surgery is over I find more people to share with on the foot surgery board, and lots and lots of caring and sharing on the social one. Come join in with us!!!!!!! Missy B.

Sharon W on 6/06/02 at 09:51 (086503)

Missy,and Everyone Else,

You're right, of course, that the pages mostly dedicated to PF or to foot problems IN GENERAL are LOTS busier.

Still, I hope we don't lose this page because there are MANY more people with 'simple' PF, than than there are who have TTS (and/or other nerve problems), and I do think we need a place where those of us with nerve problems can really 'talk' about the things that people WITHOUT nerve problems can't really understand.

-- Sharon

Missy B on 6/06/02 at 19:48 (086600)

Hi Sharon,
I don't mean to imply that this board is not important anymore, and I do check it every day. I have learned a lot here and will continue to post when I feel I have something to offer. It just seems that many of the posts are from those who are pre-surgery - they are trying to find answers as to what TT is, how possibly to avoid having the surgery thru other treatments, or make a more informed decision about having the surgery if needed.
Since I have had my surgery and am now well into my recovery, I find a lot to learn and share on the foot surgery board, as you may too once you have had yours. Most of us are now recovering from actual surgery, and it is a good place to share our recovery experiences along with worries and questions relating to post-surgery problems.
On the social board, I find a lot of old fashion support for just about anything. It's a great place to share what is going on in our lives - whether it is related to our foot problems or not.
Only problem is, now that I am back to work, it is sometimes hard to keep up with all three boards - my computer time has increased a lot lately, but that's ok because I get tired of reading books all the time and TV is now into summer reruns. Missy B.