Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Another Death

Posted by Necee on 6/05/02 at 16:46 (086403)

We have another funeral to attend this week. Our dear sweet friend, who is also a neighbor at our farm, died yesterday. The family is taking it very hard and so I ask for your prayers.
Necee

Re: Another Death

nancy s. on 6/05/02 at 16:54 (086405)

so sorry, necee! take good care.
nancy

wendyn on 6/05/02 at 17:46 (086411)

Thoughts and prayers are with you...

Sharon W on 6/05/02 at 17:54 (086415)

Necee,

I'm so sorry to hear that. In some ways losing a dear friend and neighbor, who you may have seen about every week, can be just as hard as losing someone from your own FAMILY... You are in my thoughts, too.

-- Sharon

linda a on 6/05/02 at 18:10 (086422)

i know what you mean necee . our family just experienced a lost 2 wks ago . he was a father of our childhood friends , because of his children we hang around with and he remind us of our own father who died from the same disease 4 yrs ago . at least my father and their father did not have to suffer for to long . necee ,my thoughts are w/ you and your family . linda (Ky)

Rick R on 6/05/02 at 19:40 (086442)

My prayers are with you. I lost an aunt and my grandfather last week. My aunt was sort of the spare mom you knew you could go to in a time of need. At least Gramps went out on plan 'A' at 97. Somehow I seem to have an added capacity for sympathy after a period of reflection.

God bless you and those sharing your greif

Rick

Barbara S on 6/05/02 at 19:52 (086445)

Necee My prayers are also with you,your family and friends. I lost a friend this past April. She went to hospital in Feb. Nursing home in March and passed away about 4 weeks later. Lost my Father when I was 17 yrs old and my Mother 8 yrs ago. Death is never easy. God Bless. Barbara S.

Laurie R on 6/05/02 at 21:04 (086447)

Dear Necee , I am so sorry and I am with everyone else here , my prayers are with you and your family . Death is never easy and oh so very sad ...

Bless you , much love always , Laurie R

Necee on 6/05/02 at 22:02 (086456)

Thanks friends for your outpouring of love and concern....I was amazed when I got home and read your wonderful messages. When I posted my message, I was just an emotional mess and I just needed to reach out to someone...what better place than right here.

I'm so tired of all these funerals, I don't understand but I do know that God does....he's in control. I have been to 6 funerals in the last 2 years...3 of those were family members and the other 3 were very close dear friends.

As life goes on we will always have those precious memories.
Thanks friends for lending an ear.

Necee

Suzanne D on 6/05/02 at 22:14 (086459)

Dear Necee,

I have just now seen your post, and I, too, want to send my condolences your way and let you know you will be in my prayers as well. It seems there are 'seasons' of loss; at least that is the way it has seemed to me in my life. There are times when you feel as if you are just picking yourself up after one loss before you are confronted with another. At those times, I like to remember that 'Footprints in the Sand' poem. Do you know the one I am talking about? At the roughest times in life, there is just the one set of footprints as the Lord is carrying you.

God bless you,
Suzanne :-)

Missy B on 6/05/02 at 22:20 (086462)

Necee,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I lost my Dad 13 years ago and I still miss him terribly. I still am blessed with my Mom who is 84. At middle age myself, I have now begun to lose other family and friends - some of whom were my high school classmates - and they have died way too young.
My heartfelt prayers go out to your friend's family, and to you and your family in this time of great sorrow. Missy B.

Kathy G on 6/06/02 at 08:23 (086485)

Necee,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I went through a period of about ten years when many of my family died, and since I was the person in charge of arrangements, I came to be considered an authority on who to call, what to do, etc. Friends who'd experienced a loss called me to ask what they should do next. I got to a point where I thought I should set up some sort of a business or something.

It's never easy and one can only take solace in the fact that, over time, the pain becomes less. It's the firsts that are so hard; you know, first Christmas, first brithday, etc.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Mahatmelissama on 6/06/02 at 14:57 (086560)

Praying. I am so sorry Necee.

Re: I am so sorry

Tammie on 6/07/02 at 11:57 (086668)

Necee I am so sorry for the grief you must be expierancing I do hope that the pain you must feel is lifted when you start thinking of the wonderful warm feelings of him . The healing will take much time , so remember each tear you shed glues a fragment of you heart that has been broken by this grief! God be with you and the families as they try to heal! Hugs for you Necee and a large hear to share the hurt if you need me. Love u necee take care and know that we are here for you and of course the almighty is watching over you with his own grief but willing to protect you!

nancy s. on 6/05/02 at 16:54 (086405)

so sorry, necee! take good care.
nancy

wendyn on 6/05/02 at 17:46 (086411)

Thoughts and prayers are with you...

Sharon W on 6/05/02 at 17:54 (086415)

Necee,

I'm so sorry to hear that. In some ways losing a dear friend and neighbor, who you may have seen about every week, can be just as hard as losing someone from your own FAMILY... You are in my thoughts, too.

-- Sharon

linda a on 6/05/02 at 18:10 (086422)

i know what you mean necee . our family just experienced a lost 2 wks ago . he was a father of our childhood friends , because of his children we hang around with and he remind us of our own father who died from the same disease 4 yrs ago . at least my father and their father did not have to suffer for to long . necee ,my thoughts are w/ you and your family . linda (Ky)

Rick R on 6/05/02 at 19:40 (086442)

My prayers are with you. I lost an aunt and my grandfather last week. My aunt was sort of the spare mom you knew you could go to in a time of need. At least Gramps went out on plan 'A' at 97. Somehow I seem to have an added capacity for sympathy after a period of reflection.

God bless you and those sharing your greif

Rick

Barbara S on 6/05/02 at 19:52 (086445)

Necee My prayers are also with you,your family and friends. I lost a friend this past April. She went to hospital in Feb. Nursing home in March and passed away about 4 weeks later. Lost my Father when I was 17 yrs old and my Mother 8 yrs ago. Death is never easy. God Bless. Barbara S.

Laurie R on 6/05/02 at 21:04 (086447)

Dear Necee , I am so sorry and I am with everyone else here , my prayers are with you and your family . Death is never easy and oh so very sad ...

Bless you , much love always , Laurie R

Necee on 6/05/02 at 22:02 (086456)

Thanks friends for your outpouring of love and concern....I was amazed when I got home and read your wonderful messages. When I posted my message, I was just an emotional mess and I just needed to reach out to someone...what better place than right here.

I'm so tired of all these funerals, I don't understand but I do know that God does....he's in control. I have been to 6 funerals in the last 2 years...3 of those were family members and the other 3 were very close dear friends.

As life goes on we will always have those precious memories.
Thanks friends for lending an ear.

Necee

Suzanne D on 6/05/02 at 22:14 (086459)

Dear Necee,

I have just now seen your post, and I, too, want to send my condolences your way and let you know you will be in my prayers as well. It seems there are 'seasons' of loss; at least that is the way it has seemed to me in my life. There are times when you feel as if you are just picking yourself up after one loss before you are confronted with another. At those times, I like to remember that 'Footprints in the Sand' poem. Do you know the one I am talking about? At the roughest times in life, there is just the one set of footprints as the Lord is carrying you.

God bless you,
Suzanne :-)

Missy B on 6/05/02 at 22:20 (086462)

Necee,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I lost my Dad 13 years ago and I still miss him terribly. I still am blessed with my Mom who is 84. At middle age myself, I have now begun to lose other family and friends - some of whom were my high school classmates - and they have died way too young.
My heartfelt prayers go out to your friend's family, and to you and your family in this time of great sorrow. Missy B.

Kathy G on 6/06/02 at 08:23 (086485)

Necee,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I went through a period of about ten years when many of my family died, and since I was the person in charge of arrangements, I came to be considered an authority on who to call, what to do, etc. Friends who'd experienced a loss called me to ask what they should do next. I got to a point where I thought I should set up some sort of a business or something.

It's never easy and one can only take solace in the fact that, over time, the pain becomes less. It's the firsts that are so hard; you know, first Christmas, first brithday, etc.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Mahatmelissama on 6/06/02 at 14:57 (086560)

Praying. I am so sorry Necee.

Re: I am so sorry

Tammie on 6/07/02 at 11:57 (086668)

Necee I am so sorry for the grief you must be expierancing I do hope that the pain you must feel is lifted when you start thinking of the wonderful warm feelings of him . The healing will take much time , so remember each tear you shed glues a fragment of you heart that has been broken by this grief! God be with you and the families as they try to heal! Hugs for you Necee and a large hear to share the hurt if you need me. Love u necee take care and know that we are here for you and of course the almighty is watching over you with his own grief but willing to protect you!