Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis

Posted by Brenda R on 6/06/02 at 01:58 (086474)

Can plantar fasciitis cause disability? I am 43 yrs. old and work on my feet. After all treatments including surgery, the problem still persists, can continued activity which causes more pain or which makes the pain worse, cause a crippling effect in old age? Can plantar fasciitis ply a role in arches that appear to be falling? I am concerned as I have done everything and I continue to work and the pain gets so severe...........that it is at a level 10+ at work and about a 4 or 5 at home. Am I creating more damage to my feet by doing this?
Thank You,
Brenda

Re: plantar fasciitis

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/06/02 at 05:16 (086476)

Brenda:

If you are in that much discomfort I think you may want todebate about switching jobs where you could sit more of the time. Also have you had ESWT??? If not and you would lke an information packet about ESWT feel free to go to my website Drfoot.tv and request a packet. I will be happy to send you information if you have not had this modality performed.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Carolyn F. on 6/06/02 at 09:28 (086496)

brenda- I worry about the same thing. I am on my feet 8-10 hours a day and I do not want to change careers. i worry about my quality of life when I am older, I'm 33. I am going to try ESWT in a few weeks and hope that will give me some quality of life back. This is a good website to get lots of info.Good luck

BrianG on 6/06/02 at 16:45 (086580)

Hi Brenda R,

Yes, PF can cause disability, depending on how your body percieves pain. Some people are able to tolerate long term chronic pain, better than others. I've had PF for ovr 8 years, and am no longer able to work. I applied for SSD, 6 months ago. Now it's just a waiting game.

Do whatever you can to give your feet a break, even if it means changing jobs. Good luck

BrianG, not a doc

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/06/02 at 05:16 (086476)

Brenda:

If you are in that much discomfort I think you may want todebate about switching jobs where you could sit more of the time. Also have you had ESWT??? If not and you would lke an information packet about ESWT feel free to go to my website Drfoot.tv and request a packet. I will be happy to send you information if you have not had this modality performed.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Carolyn F. on 6/06/02 at 09:28 (086496)

brenda- I worry about the same thing. I am on my feet 8-10 hours a day and I do not want to change careers. i worry about my quality of life when I am older, I'm 33. I am going to try ESWT in a few weeks and hope that will give me some quality of life back. This is a good website to get lots of info.Good luck

BrianG on 6/06/02 at 16:45 (086580)

Hi Brenda R,

Yes, PF can cause disability, depending on how your body percieves pain. Some people are able to tolerate long term chronic pain, better than others. I've had PF for ovr 8 years, and am no longer able to work. I applied for SSD, 6 months ago. Now it's just a waiting game.

Do whatever you can to give your feet a break, even if it means changing jobs. Good luck

BrianG, not a doc