Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

orthotics caused PF

Posted by margaret r. on 6/06/02 at 09:58 (086505)

After experiencing complications from neuroma surgery, have tried to adjust to two different types of rigid orthotics. Am now experiencing heel and some arch pain, symptoms which I never had pre-orthotics. My feet are so sensitive that nothing is comfortable. I'm afraid to try any more 'custom made orthotics.' Any suggestions as to what I could wear now to help my feet heal properly? I'm desperate! Thanks.

Re: orthotics caused PF

lisa k on 6/06/02 at 12:16 (086537)

I ,too have had your expereince-think they needed adjustment and were in wrong type of shoe. What I did while I was healing from a tear and detachment was use Birks rubber type sandles, I bought a pair of 'Pacifics' and also I now tape my foot,never go barefoot ,and wear a medical wrap that I got from my POD that PREVENTS pronation . I have very flat , overly flexible feet. I'm not sure what type you have. It's kind of been trial and error, but my favorite pair I bought were'Soft spot supremes' that are designed to put a custom made orthodic in to it. I now will not were ANY foot product that causes pain. Take Care, Lisa K

margaret r. on 6/07/02 at 09:29 (086654)

dear lisa,

thanks for your advice. my pod made several adjustments to my orthotics and always checked to make sure i was using them in the right type of shoe, but i still had problems! (i have pretty flat feet, and overpronate.) how long did it take you to heal? thanks, margaret

lisa k on 6/06/02 at 12:16 (086537)

I ,too have had your expereince-think they needed adjustment and were in wrong type of shoe. What I did while I was healing from a tear and detachment was use Birks rubber type sandles, I bought a pair of 'Pacifics' and also I now tape my foot,never go barefoot ,and wear a medical wrap that I got from my POD that PREVENTS pronation . I have very flat , overly flexible feet. I'm not sure what type you have. It's kind of been trial and error, but my favorite pair I bought were'Soft spot supremes' that are designed to put a custom made orthodic in to it. I now will not were ANY foot product that causes pain. Take Care, Lisa K

margaret r. on 6/07/02 at 09:29 (086654)

dear lisa,

thanks for your advice. my pod made several adjustments to my orthotics and always checked to make sure i was using them in the right type of shoe, but i still had problems! (i have pretty flat feet, and overpronate.) how long did it take you to heal? thanks, margaret