Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tammie, how did your appointment go Monday? (eom)

Posted by Suzanne D on 6/07/02 at 08:41 (086645)

Re: The pain management DR. stated He knows there is really pain!

Tammie on 6/07/02 at 11:45 (086666)

I recieved the results of my emg, which I will admit I dont understand it to well I asked alot of times but hubby understood .I think my medications were altering my mind a bit. But I did understand this, I will be getting a MRI on monday, as he is concerned with a possible herneated disc, and he saiod something about some dead nerve fibers? But I understoood more was that There is nerve damage on not only 1 ft but on both feet. Also what ever distubed him about my lower back .

He stated this test is proof of alot of things and tells that yes there is a reason for pain? I am not sure this is good or not!

He uped the oxy to 2/ 20 mg. a day am and pm/ then he added the percecet up to 4 a day for breakthru pain/ and uped the neurontin which he says is a very good med with very good results to 300mg.3 a day! Then I still take my synthroid and the paxil and the elevail which he uped to 75 mg before bed.So that is the difference for me in meds.

Most important I am getting the MRI on monday and he is DOING SOMETHING for me and someone finally said they UNDERSTOOD my pain! I could have kissed him, I felt such a huge relief! He is very professional and does not seem to be a jokester.I am very happy that all of you have helped me to take charge and find a nother Dr. I thank you all with my love to each of you!I wish I could thank Elliot and if he reads this I would hope he understands what it was like to get some of your life in control .

There is a long road yet ahead he still dx the foot wiith RSD he feels certain of this dx he is a bit concerned it might have spread to other foot but hoping not. The MRI will tell him alot he said so have to be patient! I see him in july 1 I beleive as he is going on a vacation. So will not see him for a bit. But he made sure I had enough meds till I see him! I am not a junkie at this point , but I will say I feel much better with the pain meds then with out! The meds have3 not solved all pain issues as I am still having a lot of pain with the breakthru the percocets make me sleepy and not much pain relief. The oxy is not the greatest tho it takes the edge off.I feel better in respect that I am involved with my care and my hubby finally is standing by me and understanding what is happening to me.I am glad as I feel as tho sometimes I am out there somewhere looking in. I get awful headaches which I nevver had to deal with before my children I have asked to please do not yell it makes me feel as tho I am out there looking in I seem to be very aware of loud things effecting me to where I am far away and looking in with hands on ears, I assueme it is med side effects as the dr. didnt seem to concerned , or his nurse I should say. So time is the answer I guess . Thanks for inquiring , I am sorry I have not been to the board I am trying to deal with meds and actually I am going thru the phase of crying silly of course but I feel this urge to just cry and hug all the people who love me and really care and try to help me. My daughter has been a teen and has said some awful hurting words and have broken my heart in ways that will stay around with my pride. It is very hard to admit that yes at this point I am physically disabled for alot of things but some I am not.She is my dream I had the one that she would always be a loving princess and follow the road of compassion and love forever. But she is young time yet to go! Anyways I have rote a book ; I should close this as soon scott will start charging us if longer then a page or so lol Take care and thank you each and every obne who might read this Love to you Tammie

Kathy G on 6/07/02 at 15:33 (086692)

Tammie,

I am so pleased that you've found a doctor who seems to really be on top of things and understands pain management! It makes such a difference to have a caring doctor.

Good luck and hang in there. Keep us posted on your progress. We care!

Suzanne D on 6/07/02 at 16:12 (086700)

I am so thankful, Tammie, that - as you said - the dr. is is DOING SOMETHING for you and someone finally said they UNDERSTOOD your pain! That in itself has to make you feel better and that you are on a path to improvement.

About your daughter - it may be that she has just been so upset about her mom's pain and didn't know how to really show it, and without meaning to, she hurt you in the process. She is growing up, and that can be tough in itself; I am sure all the life lessons her mama has taught her will not go to waste!

You hang in there! It was good to hear from you.

Suzanne :-)

Re: Glad to hear the PM doc is doing his job well!!

BrianG on 6/07/02 at 16:26 (086702)

Hi Tammie,

Sounds like the PM doctor is slowly titrating your meds upwards each month. It's very common, and a safe way to get to the point where you can tolerate the pain. The doctor will probably increase your OxyContin again the next time you see him. If you feel comferatable about asking him to try something, ask him if you can take the Oxy 3 times a day, instead of the two. By taking it every 8 hours, you'll have that constant amount of pain meds in your system, that will give you the best relief. When you get to this point, you should be able to give up the Percocets, which aren't that good for your stomach. Sounds like your doctor has the compassion you have been looking for. A lot of your prayers will be answered in the coming months. Good luck

BrianG

wendyn on 6/07/02 at 19:37 (086725)

Take it easy Tammie, I'm glad they're getting to the bottom of your problems.

Tammie on 6/07/02 at 11:45 (086666)

I recieved the results of my emg, which I will admit I dont understand it to well I asked alot of times but hubby understood .I think my medications were altering my mind a bit. But I did understand this, I will be getting a MRI on monday, as he is concerned with a possible herneated disc, and he saiod something about some dead nerve fibers? But I understoood more was that There is nerve damage on not only 1 ft but on both feet. Also what ever distubed him about my lower back .

He stated this test is proof of alot of things and tells that yes there is a reason for pain? I am not sure this is good or not!

He uped the oxy to 2/ 20 mg. a day am and pm/ then he added the percecet up to 4 a day for breakthru pain/ and uped the neurontin which he says is a very good med with very good results to 300mg.3 a day! Then I still take my synthroid and the paxil and the elevail which he uped to 75 mg before bed.So that is the difference for me in meds.

Most important I am getting the MRI on monday and he is DOING SOMETHING for me and someone finally said they UNDERSTOOD my pain! I could have kissed him, I felt such a huge relief! He is very professional and does not seem to be a jokester.I am very happy that all of you have helped me to take charge and find a nother Dr. I thank you all with my love to each of you!I wish I could thank Elliot and if he reads this I would hope he understands what it was like to get some of your life in control .

There is a long road yet ahead he still dx the foot wiith RSD he feels certain of this dx he is a bit concerned it might have spread to other foot but hoping not. The MRI will tell him alot he said so have to be patient! I see him in july 1 I beleive as he is going on a vacation. So will not see him for a bit. But he made sure I had enough meds till I see him! I am not a junkie at this point , but I will say I feel much better with the pain meds then with out! The meds have3 not solved all pain issues as I am still having a lot of pain with the breakthru the percocets make me sleepy and not much pain relief. The oxy is not the greatest tho it takes the edge off.I feel better in respect that I am involved with my care and my hubby finally is standing by me and understanding what is happening to me.I am glad as I feel as tho sometimes I am out there somewhere looking in. I get awful headaches which I nevver had to deal with before my children I have asked to please do not yell it makes me feel as tho I am out there looking in I seem to be very aware of loud things effecting me to where I am far away and looking in with hands on ears, I assueme it is med side effects as the dr. didnt seem to concerned , or his nurse I should say. So time is the answer I guess . Thanks for inquiring , I am sorry I have not been to the board I am trying to deal with meds and actually I am going thru the phase of crying silly of course but I feel this urge to just cry and hug all the people who love me and really care and try to help me. My daughter has been a teen and has said some awful hurting words and have broken my heart in ways that will stay around with my pride. It is very hard to admit that yes at this point I am physically disabled for alot of things but some I am not.She is my dream I had the one that she would always be a loving princess and follow the road of compassion and love forever. But she is young time yet to go! Anyways I have rote a book ; I should close this as soon scott will start charging us if longer then a page or so lol Take care and thank you each and every obne who might read this Love to you Tammie

Kathy G on 6/07/02 at 15:33 (086692)

Tammie,

I am so pleased that you've found a doctor who seems to really be on top of things and understands pain management! It makes such a difference to have a caring doctor.

Good luck and hang in there. Keep us posted on your progress. We care!

Suzanne D on 6/07/02 at 16:12 (086700)

I am so thankful, Tammie, that - as you said - the dr. is is DOING SOMETHING for you and someone finally said they UNDERSTOOD your pain! That in itself has to make you feel better and that you are on a path to improvement.

About your daughter - it may be that she has just been so upset about her mom's pain and didn't know how to really show it, and without meaning to, she hurt you in the process. She is growing up, and that can be tough in itself; I am sure all the life lessons her mama has taught her will not go to waste!

You hang in there! It was good to hear from you.

Suzanne :-)

Re: Glad to hear the PM doc is doing his job well!!

BrianG on 6/07/02 at 16:26 (086702)

Hi Tammie,

Sounds like the PM doctor is slowly titrating your meds upwards each month. It's very common, and a safe way to get to the point where you can tolerate the pain. The doctor will probably increase your OxyContin again the next time you see him. If you feel comferatable about asking him to try something, ask him if you can take the Oxy 3 times a day, instead of the two. By taking it every 8 hours, you'll have that constant amount of pain meds in your system, that will give you the best relief. When you get to this point, you should be able to give up the Percocets, which aren't that good for your stomach. Sounds like your doctor has the compassion you have been looking for. A lot of your prayers will be answered in the coming months. Good luck

BrianG

wendyn on 6/07/02 at 19:37 (086725)

Take it easy Tammie, I'm glad they're getting to the bottom of your problems.