Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT in Alabama, Georgia or SC

Posted by Jill B on 6/07/02 at 09:13 (086651)

Is there anyone performing this procedure in Alabama, Georgia or South Carolina?

Re: ESWT in Alabama, Georgia or SC

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/07/02 at 11:34 (086665)

We have been using ESWT for chronic insertional plantar fasciitis for over two years now. Our group of board certified podiatrists have the most ESWT experience in the USA. I was one of the first doctors in the USA to use ESWT and I still amazed at the results of the very effective treatment. Due to our experience and very fair prices many patients come to our office in Woodubury, New Jersey . We are right outside of Philadelphia. So if you would like additional informaton you can e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) or take a look at our web site http://www.eswtusa.com
Feel free to ask any questons you may have.

john h on 6/08/02 at 08:52 (086760)

Dr. Alverez performs ESWT with the Ossatron in Nashville and the machine travels between atlanta,nashville, and i think Birmingham. He conduted the original FDA test on the Ossatron.

Jill B on 6/09/02 at 15:26 (086854)

Do you have information on how to contact Dr. Alvarez?

Thank you!

Pauline on 6/09/02 at 17:20 (086867)

You can contact Dr. Richard Alvarez's office at (423) 622-3668. He is on staff at Memorial Hospital in Chattanooga Tenn. Hope this help you.

DR Zuckerman on 6/09/02 at 17:35 (086869)

Make sure you get all costs in writing, IF they are using a surgical center and IV sedation you need to find out what the total cost is going to be. We have many patients that fly to our office due to our reasonable all inclusive fee plus the over one thousand treatments I have performed.We use the Dornier Epos which uses inline ultrasound. So do your home work, get an evaluation and then feel free to ask any questions you may have about ESWT

john h on 6/09/02 at 19:25 (086877)

Jill: I have it somewhere and will find it for you.

john h on 6/09/02 at 19:28 (086878)

Thanks Pauline. Chattanooga is correct not Nashville. When I called there a couple of times a couple of years ago Healthtronics had an on site rep who took my phone calls and kept me well informed on how the study was going. I never could get much information out of Memorial. I think Dr. Alvarez has a private practice in the suburbs. I think the studies in that area were being done at Memorial.

Pauline on 6/09/02 at 21:03 (086885)

The phone number I posted for Dr. Alvarez is his private practice number. His studies were done at Memorial and he still maintains full privilege's there. Anyone wishing to contact him at his private practice can use the number I posted (423) 622-3668.

Dr. Alvarez is a very well respected Orthopedic Surgeon.

Debra B on 6/18/02 at 20:59 (087957)

Dr. Bruce Wellmon does the ESWT in Gaffney, South Carolina. Gaffney is located off of I-85 between Spartanburg, SC and Charlotte NC. I had mine done about 2 weeks ago, so the jury is still out. Although I do feel like my pain is better most of the time.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/07/02 at 11:34 (086665)

We have been using ESWT for chronic insertional plantar fasciitis for over two years now. Our group of board certified podiatrists have the most ESWT experience in the USA. I was one of the first doctors in the USA to use ESWT and I still amazed at the results of the very effective treatment. Due to our experience and very fair prices many patients come to our office in Woodubury, New Jersey . We are right outside of Philadelphia. So if you would like additional informaton you can e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) or take a look at our web site http://www.eswtusa.com
Feel free to ask any questons you may have.

john h on 6/08/02 at 08:52 (086760)

Dr. Alverez performs ESWT with the Ossatron in Nashville and the machine travels between atlanta,nashville, and i think Birmingham. He conduted the original FDA test on the Ossatron.

Jill B on 6/09/02 at 15:26 (086854)

Do you have information on how to contact Dr. Alvarez?

Thank you!

Pauline on 6/09/02 at 17:20 (086867)

You can contact Dr. Richard Alvarez's office at (423) 622-3668. He is on staff at Memorial Hospital in Chattanooga Tenn. Hope this help you.

DR Zuckerman on 6/09/02 at 17:35 (086869)

Make sure you get all costs in writing, IF they are using a surgical center and IV sedation you need to find out what the total cost is going to be. We have many patients that fly to our office due to our reasonable all inclusive fee plus the over one thousand treatments I have performed.We use the Dornier Epos which uses inline ultrasound. So do your home work, get an evaluation and then feel free to ask any questions you may have about ESWT

john h on 6/09/02 at 19:25 (086877)

Jill: I have it somewhere and will find it for you.

john h on 6/09/02 at 19:28 (086878)

Thanks Pauline. Chattanooga is correct not Nashville. When I called there a couple of times a couple of years ago Healthtronics had an on site rep who took my phone calls and kept me well informed on how the study was going. I never could get much information out of Memorial. I think Dr. Alvarez has a private practice in the suburbs. I think the studies in that area were being done at Memorial.

Pauline on 6/09/02 at 21:03 (086885)

The phone number I posted for Dr. Alvarez is his private practice number. His studies were done at Memorial and he still maintains full privilege's there. Anyone wishing to contact him at his private practice can use the number I posted (423) 622-3668.

Dr. Alvarez is a very well respected Orthopedic Surgeon.

Debra B on 6/18/02 at 20:59 (087957)

Dr. Bruce Wellmon does the ESWT in Gaffney, South Carolina. Gaffney is located off of I-85 between Spartanburg, SC and Charlotte NC. I had mine done about 2 weeks ago, so the jury is still out. Although I do feel like my pain is better most of the time.