Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hello & still working at healing....

Posted by Rachael T. on 6/07/02 at 12:22 (086672)

Hello to you all - especially Suzanne D. - I am glad that you are continuing to heal....I believe I am too. I find myself doing more - but still cautious as one must be with this dreaded PF. I am glad too that Carol is planning a Fla. trip. That means she is healing too. Awe, soon, maybe we will be ready to tackle anything - that is my hope. Yes, I am riding pretty regularly - still ice my feet, doing Vioxx daily, & taking a day off here & there to rest my feet.....& this week has been a good week....I am hopeful that it continues!

Re: Hello & still working at healing....

Carole C in NOLA on 6/07/02 at 14:52 (086684)

Hi Rachael! I'm so glad to read that you are riding pretty regularly now. I think that is so cool, especially since riding is such a big part of your life. It must be a real challenge to get on the horse without hurting your plantar fascia in the process. But it sounds like you've got it figured out. Icing, Vioxx, and some rest are all good ideas. I hope all your weeks ahead are better than the previous ones.

I'm happily planning the Florida trip. Today I bought a swimsuit that's a pretty blue-green like the ocean, and I bought some more shorts and flowered shirts. So, I'm getting into the spirit of this. I've located my prescription sunglasses, and I might get a big floppy straw hat. :)

Carole C

Kathy G on 6/07/02 at 15:36 (086693)

Rachael,

I was thinking about you the other day! So glad you're making such progress! Taking an occasional day off sounds like a good idea. In that I'm afraid of horses and sneeze like crazy around the hay, I can't even imagine riding on a regular basis! You have my utmost respect!!!

Take care!

Suzanne D on 6/07/02 at 16:08 (086699)

So glad to hear that you are having a good week!! :-) Since you have been riding regularly and still feel improved, I would say that is good news indeed!

Please forgive me: I scanned the board quickly and posted to Laurie's about being so glad to hear about her and Tammie's and Carole's good news; I did not mean to leave YOU out! Sometimes I read a little, post a little, go do something else, come back...I can't keep all my thoughts together very well! Anyway, I am so glad to hear that you are continuing to improve. More good news from our 'family'!

I have been helping this week to get our VBS together. We're having an all-day, one day VBS from 8:30 in the morning until 6:00 tomorrow night at a nearby church camp. I have been drawing and cutting out, sitting down, so I have been happy! And I am registering tomorrow and teaching, but trying to be smart and looking for fewer steps every way I can.

Take care, and keep letting us know how you are doing!

Suzanne :-)

Rachael T. on 6/07/02 at 22:22 (086737)

No offense Suzanne D! I didn't expect or anticipate a response personally from you or anyone -- but of course, it is always good to hear fromour PF family on board. So, I thank you for your kind words. And, I reply with I hope you are doing fine too - glad you had some sit down artsy time & now, since you are off on this special event, please take care & be cautious - but have fun & enjoy the outings!

Rachael T. on 6/07/02 at 22:24 (086738)

Bon Voyage!!! Have a great trip! - (but be cautious w/ those footsies!) I shall anxiously await your letters upon your return - telling us all about your FUN!!!!

Rachael T. on 6/07/02 at 22:26 (086739)

Hiya Kathy G!!! Thanks for 'think'n of me' the other day......'tis funny....we don't 'really' know each other & yet we do know each other soooo well. I too, amidst my day's actions think of different 'board friends.' The pc has made us well acquainted & the pf has made us truly bonded! One of these days, I should post a photo of me & 1 of the horses here - maybe I shall -- then, you will know me even better! Thanks again for your good thoughts - maybe yours & others' good thoughts have sent some good vibrations toward healing for me...I am hopeful!

Carole C in NOLA on 6/07/02 at 14:52 (086684)

Hi Rachael! I'm so glad to read that you are riding pretty regularly now. I think that is so cool, especially since riding is such a big part of your life. It must be a real challenge to get on the horse without hurting your plantar fascia in the process. But it sounds like you've got it figured out. Icing, Vioxx, and some rest are all good ideas. I hope all your weeks ahead are better than the previous ones.

I'm happily planning the Florida trip. Today I bought a swimsuit that's a pretty blue-green like the ocean, and I bought some more shorts and flowered shirts. So, I'm getting into the spirit of this. I've located my prescription sunglasses, and I might get a big floppy straw hat. :)

Carole C

Kathy G on 6/07/02 at 15:36 (086693)

Rachael,

I was thinking about you the other day! So glad you're making such progress! Taking an occasional day off sounds like a good idea. In that I'm afraid of horses and sneeze like crazy around the hay, I can't even imagine riding on a regular basis! You have my utmost respect!!!

Take care!

Suzanne D on 6/07/02 at 16:08 (086699)

So glad to hear that you are having a good week!! :-) Since you have been riding regularly and still feel improved, I would say that is good news indeed!

Please forgive me: I scanned the board quickly and posted to Laurie's about being so glad to hear about her and Tammie's and Carole's good news; I did not mean to leave YOU out! Sometimes I read a little, post a little, go do something else, come back...I can't keep all my thoughts together very well! Anyway, I am so glad to hear that you are continuing to improve. More good news from our 'family'!

I have been helping this week to get our VBS together. We're having an all-day, one day VBS from 8:30 in the morning until 6:00 tomorrow night at a nearby church camp. I have been drawing and cutting out, sitting down, so I have been happy! And I am registering tomorrow and teaching, but trying to be smart and looking for fewer steps every way I can.

Take care, and keep letting us know how you are doing!

Suzanne :-)

Rachael T. on 6/07/02 at 22:22 (086737)

No offense Suzanne D! I didn't expect or anticipate a response personally from you or anyone -- but of course, it is always good to hear fromour PF family on board. So, I thank you for your kind words. And, I reply with I hope you are doing fine too - glad you had some sit down artsy time & now, since you are off on this special event, please take care & be cautious - but have fun & enjoy the outings!

Rachael T. on 6/07/02 at 22:24 (086738)

Bon Voyage!!! Have a great trip! - (but be cautious w/ those footsies!) I shall anxiously await your letters upon your return - telling us all about your FUN!!!!

Rachael T. on 6/07/02 at 22:26 (086739)

Hiya Kathy G!!! Thanks for 'think'n of me' the other day......'tis funny....we don't 'really' know each other & yet we do know each other soooo well. I too, amidst my day's actions think of different 'board friends.' The pc has made us well acquainted & the pf has made us truly bonded! One of these days, I should post a photo of me & 1 of the horses here - maybe I shall -- then, you will know me even better! Thanks again for your good thoughts - maybe yours & others' good thoughts have sent some good vibrations toward healing for me...I am hopeful!