Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My 4 week post opp

Posted by Laurie R on 6/07/02 at 14:49 (086682)

Hi To Everyone , Well this is my 4 week post opp report .... I am doing great !!!!! I saw my Pod on Wed and he said I can start to put 50% of my weight on my foot . I am back in a cam boot cast and I have to use my crutches ... But I would not want to try to walk with out everything .. My foot and ankle feel really good. I just feel better now that I can walk a little . What a big difference .

I think with me staying all the way off my foot for the 4 weeks had a lot to do with the way I feel . They said they could tell I was not using my foot . I hardly have any swelling . So I am just one happy person ..

Today was the first day I got out , my hubby took me to the store , big day for me . I did fine . It was just so nice to get out for a bit without it being a doctor's appointment ......

He wants me to continue the 50% for 4 weeks then he will see how I am doing . I see him in 3 weeks ...

My last injection I got a weeks ago and still working for the RSD also ...

I have pain , but nothing like before my surgery . I think this will be a good out come .

I had made a promise to myself as well as my Pod that I would do everything he says , I have .

Also my Pod said that I am healing really well , my incisions are almost all healed up . He was really happy about that. I start PT on Mon , I have lost most of my muscles due to not using my leg for so long ...

That is about it for now ....Thank you all for your prayers for me , they sure worked .... I have a new attitude and I am feeling well... Also I think I am adjusted to my meds finally , that was hard for a while ....

Much love to all , Laurie R

Re: My 4 week post opp

Carole C in NOLA on 6/07/02 at 14:55 (086685)

Laurie, how wonderful! I am so glad that you promised yourself to do everything your Pod says. That's so important since this is such a crucial time for you. I am hoping that the eight week report is as encouraging as this four week report. :)

Carole C

CarlW on 6/07/02 at 15:02 (086688)

Laurie,

This is fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!

Your sure seam to have the right frame of mind about this.

I will pray for your continued healing.

Carl

Suzanne D on 6/07/02 at 15:37 (086694)

How wonderful to hear, Laurie! That is such good news today. With Carole's good news about her vacation and your post and Tammie's below, I am pleased as can be with my 'family's' news!

Keep up the good work, as they say!

Suzanne :-)

Valerie S on 6/07/02 at 16:06 (086698)

YEAH Laurie!!

It is so good to hear you are somewhat mobile again, and you sound so happy! Take it easy, you're doing great! I hope your road to recovery keeps getting smoother by the mile... you're awesome!

Val.

BrianG on 6/07/02 at 16:53 (086705)

He Laurie,

Since I never got to take a full month off after any of my treatments, surgery, etc. I was wondering if I could come to your house for a month or two (after your healed) of complete rest :*) Your family has been most supportive, which I believe is why you are doing so well. They are to be commended!!!

BrianG

wendyn on 6/07/02 at 19:30 (086721)

Laurie you made my day!

Sharon W on 6/07/02 at 21:40 (086734)

Laurie,

That's WONDERFUL news!

-- Sharon

Anthony P on 6/07/02 at 21:46 (086735)

Thats wonderful to read that your feeling better Laurie , My best to you with your recovery . Anthont P : )

Missy B on 6/08/02 at 04:52 (086753)

Laurie,
So glad that you are seeing improvement. I know how good it felt to make your first short shopping trip - just to go anywhere but to see a doctor. Remember to still get plenty of rest and 'off the foot time' - I think this is what has helped me the most in my recovery. I may be overly cautious, but I would rather take it real slow now than be sorry next year.
Also glad to hear the your RSD is still under control. Hope this continues for you. Please continue to keep us posted. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Your PT should help you to regain flexibility in your foot and strength in your leg. I had 4 weeks of it to help build up the muscles in my leg and it really helped. I am still doing my exercises at home.
Missy B.

john h on 6/11/02 at 10:05 (087076)

What uplifting news Laurie! You have been to hell and back and it is great to see you with uplifted spirits.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/07/02 at 14:55 (086685)

Laurie, how wonderful! I am so glad that you promised yourself to do everything your Pod says. That's so important since this is such a crucial time for you. I am hoping that the eight week report is as encouraging as this four week report. :)

Carole C

CarlW on 6/07/02 at 15:02 (086688)

Laurie,

This is fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!

Your sure seam to have the right frame of mind about this.

I will pray for your continued healing.

Carl

Suzanne D on 6/07/02 at 15:37 (086694)

How wonderful to hear, Laurie! That is such good news today. With Carole's good news about her vacation and your post and Tammie's below, I am pleased as can be with my 'family's' news!

Keep up the good work, as they say!

Suzanne :-)

Valerie S on 6/07/02 at 16:06 (086698)

YEAH Laurie!!

It is so good to hear you are somewhat mobile again, and you sound so happy! Take it easy, you're doing great! I hope your road to recovery keeps getting smoother by the mile... you're awesome!

Val.

BrianG on 6/07/02 at 16:53 (086705)

He Laurie,

Since I never got to take a full month off after any of my treatments, surgery, etc. I was wondering if I could come to your house for a month or two (after your healed) of complete rest :*) Your family has been most supportive, which I believe is why you are doing so well. They are to be commended!!!

BrianG

wendyn on 6/07/02 at 19:30 (086721)

Laurie you made my day!

Sharon W on 6/07/02 at 21:40 (086734)

Laurie,

That's WONDERFUL news!

-- Sharon

Anthony P on 6/07/02 at 21:46 (086735)

Thats wonderful to read that your feeling better Laurie , My best to you with your recovery . Anthont P : )

Missy B on 6/08/02 at 04:52 (086753)

Laurie,
So glad that you are seeing improvement. I know how good it felt to make your first short shopping trip - just to go anywhere but to see a doctor. Remember to still get plenty of rest and 'off the foot time' - I think this is what has helped me the most in my recovery. I may be overly cautious, but I would rather take it real slow now than be sorry next year.
Also glad to hear the your RSD is still under control. Hope this continues for you. Please continue to keep us posted. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Your PT should help you to regain flexibility in your foot and strength in your leg. I had 4 weeks of it to help build up the muscles in my leg and it really helped. I am still doing my exercises at home.
Missy B.

john h on 6/11/02 at 10:05 (087076)

What uplifting news Laurie! You have been to hell and back and it is great to see you with uplifted spirits.