Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Surrendered

Posted by Elise on 6/09/02 at 12:29 (086840)

This is the update. I went ahead and had the regular old fashion surgery after the Ossatron failed in October. I couldn't come up with the money for another treatment and the pain was getting worse. For some reason I missed out on the free re-do. Somewhere along the line I got the impression that the ESWT treatment would cause the spur to shatter and disappear, and now I found out all it was suppose to do is break up the scar tissue. For some reason I feel mad at myself for not researched the total procedure enough. I am now on the mend, stitches come out on Tuesday and I will probably use the walking cast a little longer. I will continue to follow your progress, and want to thank all htose how gave me input and encouragement.

Re: Surrendered

BrianG on 6/09/02 at 13:33 (086845)

Hi Elise,

Don't beat your self up too bad, I don't think there are a lot of automatic 'free re-do's', especially with the OssaTron. Did you even ask? Good luck on the recovery.

BrianG

Pauline on 6/09/02 at 15:40 (086855)

Hi,
As Brian posted don't beat yourself up, for something you were not possibly made aware of. If I was going to have ESWT and was told the cost included all additional treatments I'd make sure everything I was told was in writing. Verbal contracts are often times misundersood by both parties. Continued luck with your healing. Keep us posted on how your recovery goes.

Elise on 6/10/02 at 21:37 (087029)

Thanks for the support. I guess I learned an important lesson.

BrianG on 6/09/02 at 13:33 (086845)

Hi Elise,

Don't beat your self up too bad, I don't think there are a lot of automatic 'free re-do's', especially with the OssaTron. Did you even ask? Good luck on the recovery.

BrianG

Pauline on 6/09/02 at 15:40 (086855)

Hi,
As Brian posted don't beat yourself up, for something you were not possibly made aware of. If I was going to have ESWT and was told the cost included all additional treatments I'd make sure everything I was told was in writing. Verbal contracts are often times misundersood by both parties. Continued luck with your healing. Keep us posted on how your recovery goes.

Elise on 6/10/02 at 21:37 (087029)

Thanks for the support. I guess I learned an important lesson.