Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur & twin toe's

Posted by barbara on 6/09/02 at 15:59 (086859)

HI,
I WAN'T TO KNOW IF TWIN TOE'S CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS AS YOU GET OLDER.MY SECOND AND THIRD TOES ON BOTH FEET ARE ALMOST TOTALY JOINED TOGATHER. SINCE BIRTH.MY HEAL HAS A SPUR AS I STATED BEFORE NOT ONLY HAS THERE BEEN GREAT PAIN THERE.I WARE OPEN SHOES ALL THE TIME .I ALSO HAVE PAIN THAT HITS IN THE BOTTOM OF MY FEET. BOTH FEET BOTHER ME A LOT.I GET PAIN IN THE BOOTM ,HEEL AND ANKLES OF BOTH FEET HAVE HAD MUSSEL DRAWING VERY BAD IN MY FEET FOR A FEW YEARS NOW. ALSO BAD CALF PAIN WHEN I WALK .DOES THESE ALL COME FROM A HEEL SPUR IN JUST MY RIGHT FOOT.

Re: heel spur & twin toe's

shannon on 6/10/02 at 00:30 (086900)

i have this pain on my heal ON THE BONE the doc tryed to tell me it was inflammation i seriously dont think it is it is in the bone what could it be?

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/10/02 at 05:44 (086903)

Hi Barbara:

When you have twin toes (Syndactalized toes) the metatarsal heads someimes compress the interdigital nerve which can cause neuritis and or neuroma between these toes. That is the most common problem I will see. I have not sen this causing heel spur syndrome.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

barbara on 6/10/02 at 15:55 (086980)

DID YOU HAVE X RAYS DONE OR MRI TO FIND OUT WHAT IT COULD BE.

shannon on 6/10/02 at 00:30 (086900)

i have this pain on my heal ON THE BONE the doc tryed to tell me it was inflammation i seriously dont think it is it is in the bone what could it be?

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/10/02 at 05:44 (086903)

Hi Barbara:

When you have twin toes (Syndactalized toes) the metatarsal heads someimes compress the interdigital nerve which can cause neuritis and or neuroma between these toes. That is the most common problem I will see. I have not sen this causing heel spur syndrome.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

barbara on 6/10/02 at 15:55 (086980)

DID YOU HAVE X RAYS DONE OR MRI TO FIND OUT WHAT IT COULD BE.