Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tomorrow The MRI

Posted by Tammie on 6/09/02 at 18:23 (086872)

Well Tomorrow is the date of my MRI I am a bit frightened as I understand it is a tube thing and you have to lay very still! He is doing the Lower Lumbar area mostly! He said in last appt. that the nerve test showed some (possible ) trouble with the back, He said possible herniated Disc? Dont know but he said this MRI will tell us alot of things!

So off I go apt is at 8:00 am to be there on time hubby said get up at 6:30! I told him I should have worked that early Ha .I am hanging in and hoping for the best now!

Girls at work are teasing me about my terrific memeory loss and the mouth dryness as my voice slurs and I have to drink water in abundance to keep my mouth moist ! Guess what two things is great about this, I now drink a lot of water, which in past I hated, and I have lost taste for my beloved Diet sodas! U can not believe it it is really strange! I guess that is good for my body as I sweat , which I might add I never sweat before! I now get thease huge sweats, usually before a pain increase and cannot seem to control them . I just work with it and pray it stops soon , which it does as I by then took some of my meds. Well soon I hope to have some good news to what is happening to me and my body lol! Take care

Re: Tomorrow The MRI

wendyn on 6/09/02 at 18:29 (086873)

Tammie - all the best with your MRI. I've heard that if you are uncomfortable with the tube idea you may be allowed to have someone with you. You may want to ask if you think it will be a problem.

The MRI is NOISY - it sounds like a jackhammer. It may get on your nerves. It won't hurt you, it's just loud. They will give you ear plugs. Shut your eyes and pretend you are somewhere else!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Suzanne D on 6/09/02 at 20:07 (086879)

I'll be thinking of you in the morning, Tammie! I hope all goes well and that the results of the MRI will aid the doctors in making a good plan to help you. You have come a long way - just remember that. My best to you as always!

Suzanne :-)

Re: Ok made it thru the MRI

Tammie on 6/10/02 at 13:18 (086958)

It was pretty scary for the first time! At first I kinda felt sick but then after a time with air flowing like a fan on me and the music it got a bit better! I am glad it is done tho . I dont think I want one of those every day! The teck said when you hear the loud banging that is the most important time to be still,she told me the longness of the test may depend on how well I can lay still. So one more thing done!

I wont know to much for a while I guess, she told me my dr. would hjave results tomorrow. I think it is when the Dr. was out of town , I have a appt with him July 1 so not sure when I can exspect some news?

I am wondering what she had seen as she asked me a dozen questions after inclding some of those she asked before. A few were like had I had any back injury, any type, She wanted to know what I did as work, and she asked about feet pain and which legs and kept asking about my (good) foot more then the bad one. Oh well I must prepare for the long wait. Thank you all for being so kind and staying with me thru all of this and now the testing . I wish they could tell me the answer if my Dr, followed a good pre op on me. I just feel the need to know. I feel at this time He was not very honest about alot of things . Well one day at a time and nothing can change this anyway. But it has shown me to be more involved in what is done with my body!!!!! Thanks friends!!!!

Suzanne D on 6/10/02 at 15:21 (086970)

I'm glad to hear that you made it through the MRI, Tammie! Another step in a positive direction! Get some rest tonight...We're thinking of you every step of the way!

Re: Tomorrow The MRI/made it phew

Tammie on 6/10/02 at 17:26 (086997)

Thank you I am glad I ad you thinking about me ! I made it and I am proud I did it ! Yes I think I am indeed progressing in my life! More than one could see! Thanks suzanne!Keep in the fold of the love that this site gives as it is a important part of the healing! Love to you !

Re: Tomorrow The MRI/ Thanks

Tammie on 6/10/02 at 17:30 (086999)

for the support and the info ! You are so right about that loud banging and clanging sound! It was loud and she had headphones on to listed to music and well I tryed to listen and after a short time I really thought I was going to lose it so I DONT laugh but I started thinking of Lauries tape and was talking thru it in my mind! I am not to into closed up that is a bit scary . But I did it and I survived it with all of your support and love here I knew it had to be alright! I DID IT! YESSSSSS! Thanks really I mean it from my heart thank you for your support!

Pauline on 6/10/02 at 21:52 (087035)

The important thing is the test is done and you should pat yourself on the back for going through it. Many people freak out in that little tube so consider this a job well done. Hopefully better pain control will result as your doctor learns more from this test. Good job.

Kathy G on 6/11/02 at 13:11 (087125)

Tammie,

My hat's off to you! I went with my friend when she had an MRI and there's no way on earth I could go through one without them knocking me out with Valium first! Did they give you any? They gave her some but she still found it very difficult. I am so claustrophobic that I just know I would lose it!

You showed great strength to get through it so well. I hope the news is helpful in your quest to find out what is causing your problems.

Take it easy today; you deserve it!

Re: Thanks Friends I really mean it!(eom)

Tammie on 6/11/02 at 18:20 (087177)

thanx

wendyn on 6/09/02 at 18:29 (086873)

Tammie - all the best with your MRI. I've heard that if you are uncomfortable with the tube idea you may be allowed to have someone with you. You may want to ask if you think it will be a problem.

The MRI is NOISY - it sounds like a jackhammer. It may get on your nerves. It won't hurt you, it's just loud. They will give you ear plugs. Shut your eyes and pretend you are somewhere else!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Suzanne D on 6/09/02 at 20:07 (086879)

I'll be thinking of you in the morning, Tammie! I hope all goes well and that the results of the MRI will aid the doctors in making a good plan to help you. You have come a long way - just remember that. My best to you as always!

Tammie on 6/10/02 at 13:18 (086958)

It was pretty scary for the first time! At first I kinda felt sick but then after a time with air flowing like a fan on me and the music it got a bit better! I am glad it is done tho . I dont think I want one of those every day! The teck said when you hear the loud banging that is the most important time to be still,she told me the longness of the test may depend on how well I can lay still. So one more thing done!

I wont know to much for a while I guess, she told me my dr. would hjave results tomorrow. I think it is when the Dr. was out of town , I have a appt with him July 1 so not sure when I can exspect some news?

I am wondering what she had seen as she asked me a dozen questions after inclding some of those she asked before. A few were like had I had any back injury, any type, She wanted to know what I did as work, and she asked about feet pain and which legs and kept asking about my (good) foot more then the bad one. Oh well I must prepare for the long wait. Thank you all for being so kind and staying with me thru all of this and now the testing . I wish they could tell me the answer if my Dr, followed a good pre op on me. I just feel the need to know. I feel at this time He was not very honest about alot of things . Well one day at a time and nothing can change this anyway. But it has shown me to be more involved in what is done with my body!!!!! Thanks friends!!!!

Suzanne D on 6/10/02 at 15:21 (086970)

I'm glad to hear that you made it through the MRI, Tammie! Another step in a positive direction! Get some rest tonight...We're thinking of you every step of the way!

Re: Tomorrow The MRI/made it phew

Tammie on 6/10/02 at 17:26 (086997)

Thank you I am glad I ad you thinking about me ! I made it and I am proud I did it ! Yes I think I am indeed progressing in my life! More than one could see! Thanks suzanne!Keep in the fold of the love that this site gives as it is a important part of the healing! Love to you !

Re: Tomorrow The MRI/ Thanks

Tammie on 6/10/02 at 17:30 (086999)

for the support and the info ! You are so right about that loud banging and clanging sound! It was loud and she had headphones on to listed to music and well I tryed to listen and after a short time I really thought I was going to lose it so I DONT laugh but I started thinking of Lauries tape and was talking thru it in my mind! I am not to into closed up that is a bit scary . But I did it and I survived it with all of your support and love here I knew it had to be alright! I DID IT! YESSSSSS! Thanks really I mean it from my heart thank you for your support!

Pauline on 6/10/02 at 21:52 (087035)

The important thing is the test is done and you should pat yourself on the back for going through it. Many people freak out in that little tube so consider this a job well done. Hopefully better pain control will result as your doctor learns more from this test. Good job.

Kathy G on 6/11/02 at 13:11 (087125)

Tammie,

My hat's off to you! I went with my friend when she had an MRI and there's no way on earth I could go through one without them knocking me out with Valium first! Did they give you any? They gave her some but she still found it very difficult. I am so claustrophobic that I just know I would lose it!

You showed great strength to get through it so well. I hope the news is helpful in your quest to find out what is causing your problems.

Take it easy today; you deserve it!

Re: Thanks Friends I really mean it!(eom)

Tammie on 6/11/02 at 18:20 (087177)

thanx