Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

itching heel

Posted by Cindy S on 6/10/02 at 12:27 (086951)

With no visible bug bite or athlete's foot, why would my heel itch? The itching is so bad it wakes me up at night.

Re: itching heel

R C on 6/11/02 at 13:09 (087123)

Questions come to mind -- Is there peeling skin? Raised bumps? Redness? Enlargement? Just one foot or both? How about your hands? Have you made or noticed sudden changes in shoes, diet, floor treatment, environment? How long has this gone on? What seems to make it worse or better? Is it spreading? Any other symptoms (chills, nausea, double vision, etc.)?

I'm not a doctor, but if I were in your situation (and lacking any further information), I would try one of those over-the-counter anti-itch creams for a few days. If that doesn't clear it up, ask your primary care physician to refer you to a dermatologist.

Best of luck.

Re: itching heel

R C on 6/11/02 at 13:09 (087123)

Questions come to mind -- Is there peeling skin? Raised bumps? Redness? Enlargement? Just one foot or both? How about your hands? Have you made or noticed sudden changes in shoes, diet, floor treatment, environment? How long has this gone on? What seems to make it worse or better? Is it spreading? Any other symptoms (chills, nausea, double vision, etc.)?

I'm not a doctor, but if I were in your situation (and lacking any further information), I would try one of those over-the-counter anti-itch creams for a few days. If that doesn't clear it up, ask your primary care physician to refer you to a dermatologist.

Best of luck.