Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for DR. Z.

Posted by Shane on 6/10/02 at 16:17 (086987)

Dr. Z,

It's now going on 5 weeks post ESWT w/ the Dornier, I seem to be getting better gradually - although I have had good and bad days. My question is something that has been brought up before. I had an inflamed, quarter-size spot right in front of the insertion point. It was relatively stiff compared to the other spots on my foot. The reason I say had is because it only lasted a day or two that I noticed and It seems the swelling has gone down since then. Is this normal and if so, is it good? Does it mean the tissue is still healing? I'm looking forward for the next few weeks for even more improvement.

Thanks,

Shane Stoeke

Re: Question for DR. Z.

DR Zuckerman on 6/10/02 at 20:43 (087023)

This could be an area that is imflamed and is starting to heal. I have found that with ESWT you can have up and down type pain and areas of off and on swelling. This is normal and part of the ESWT healing process

Re: Question for DR. Z.

DR Zuckerman on 6/10/02 at 20:43 (087023)

This could be an area that is imflamed and is starting to heal. I have found that with ESWT you can have up and down type pain and areas of off and on swelling. This is normal and part of the ESWT healing process