Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Can PF cause severely swollen ankles?

Posted by Vi on 6/11/02 at 03:01 (087049)

I have been going to a pod for over a year. He said I had PF. We tried two different types of custom orthotics, which have not helped, tried the shots, did not feel any difference from that either. Had a blood test (before I started seeing the pod) to make sure the swollen ankles were not related to kidney problems, liver, diabetes, etc. All of that was ruled out. So far, I am frustrated to the point of tears. My pod said he could not tell Me why My ankles are so swollen. I look like a mutant. I have severe PF in both feet, and the pain is never ending. I have had this for over one year. I have constant pains in My back and all up and down My legs, but it always feels like it's coming from the bottom of My feet. I would really appreciate it if someone could give Me a definitive answer on the ankle swelling. I do not think it will ever go down now. They have been swollen for a very long time. Thank you to anyone who cares enough to give Me some insight. God Bless.

Re: Can PF cause severely swollen ankles?

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/11/02 at 05:53 (087057)

Hi Vi:

I read your other post and responded. Have you considered ESWT? If not and you would like information just click onto my name on top and request an info packet on the web site. I will be happy o send out the info.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

kay on 6/11/02 at 07:42 (087062)

i'd see another doctor for a second opinion. in fact i'd start with your family physican. if he thinks you need a referral to someone else he can send you there. i have had p.f. for more than twenty years and have never had any swelling. you need to find out what is causing this swelling.
good luck
kay

paula on 6/11/02 at 08:20 (087065)

are you twisting your ankles? after i develepod pf i started twisting them a lot. and not they are swollen too.

Sharon W on 6/11/02 at 10:24 (087084)

Vi,

I think you should go back to your primary care doctor, or perhaps consult a DIFFERENT one, because not all the things that can make your ankles swell can be ruled out by basic blood tests. There are other kinds of tests that may need to be done.

-- Sharon

Peggy P. on 6/11/02 at 15:22 (087154)

I'm sorry but I'm new to this message board. What is pf? Everyone abbreviates here and when your new, you have no idea one is talking about.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 17:42 (087169)

Plantar fasciitis is PF. Plantar fasciitis is the inflammation of the tissues on the bottom of your foot, that can result in pain and eventually in heel spurs. The heel pain book on this website is a good free source of information about PF.

Carole C

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/11/02 at 05:53 (087057)

Hi Vi:

I read your other post and responded. Have you considered ESWT? If not and you would like information just click onto my name on top and request an info packet on the web site. I will be happy o send out the info.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

kay on 6/11/02 at 07:42 (087062)

i'd see another doctor for a second opinion. in fact i'd start with your family physican. if he thinks you need a referral to someone else he can send you there. i have had p.f. for more than twenty years and have never had any swelling. you need to find out what is causing this swelling.
good luck
kay

paula on 6/11/02 at 08:20 (087065)

are you twisting your ankles? after i develepod pf i started twisting them a lot. and not they are swollen too.

Sharon W on 6/11/02 at 10:24 (087084)

Vi,

I think you should go back to your primary care doctor, or perhaps consult a DIFFERENT one, because not all the things that can make your ankles swell can be ruled out by basic blood tests. There are other kinds of tests that may need to be done.

-- Sharon

Peggy P. on 6/11/02 at 15:22 (087154)

I'm sorry but I'm new to this message board. What is pf? Everyone abbreviates here and when your new, you have no idea one is talking about.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 17:42 (087169)

Plantar fasciitis is PF. Plantar fasciitis is the inflammation of the tissues on the bottom of your foot, that can result in pain and eventually in heel spurs. The heel pain book on this website is a good free source of information about PF.

Carole C