Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Did you hear the results of the latest study??

Posted by Kathy G on 6/11/02 at 13:25 (087130)

Yes folks, in case you didn't know it, they actually funded a study to show that longevity is hereditary! Man, I'm so glad we have these smart people to tell us these things!

Re: Did you hear the results of the latest study??

Suzanne D on 6/11/02 at 16:19 (087158)

Kathy, so many of these 'studies' just show us what common sense already told us years ago! Like children doing better at school if they have breakfast, or that they learn to read better in first grade if parents have read to them at home. Now why did anyone ever have to study those things? We already knew they were true! It seems that in this information age, if there is not research to back something up, no one is expected to believe it.

Have a nice day! (Studies show that a smile can make people feel better...)

Suzanne :-)

Kathy G on 6/12/02 at 13:35 (087324)

I wonder why they never do a widely-published survey of people with Plantar Faciitis???!!!

wendyn on 6/12/02 at 23:02 (087409)

This is a NEW study Kathy? Really? I thought that was a well known fact. I am fortunate because my grandparents have all lived into their 80's.

Kathy G on 6/13/02 at 08:32 (087435)

Yes, that's why I think it's so funny. It was on the news and in the Boston Globe. I think the research was done in Denmark.

Suzanne D on 6/11/02 at 16:19 (087158)

Kathy, so many of these 'studies' just show us what common sense already told us years ago! Like children doing better at school if they have breakfast, or that they learn to read better in first grade if parents have read to them at home. Now why did anyone ever have to study those things? We already knew they were true! It seems that in this information age, if there is not research to back something up, no one is expected to believe it.

Have a nice day! (Studies show that a smile can make people feel better...)

Suzanne :-)

Kathy G on 6/12/02 at 13:35 (087324)

I wonder why they never do a widely-published survey of people with Plantar Faciitis???!!!

wendyn on 6/12/02 at 23:02 (087409)

This is a NEW study Kathy? Really? I thought that was a well known fact. I am fortunate because my grandparents have all lived into their 80's.

Kathy G on 6/13/02 at 08:32 (087435)

Yes, that's why I think it's so funny. It was on the news and in the Boston Globe. I think the research was done in Denmark.