Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Carole C.! :-)

Posted by Suzanne D on 6/11/02 at 16:14 (087157)

Dear Carole,

I feel so badly about missing your birthday! I had asked you earlier, but I didn't write it down, and then it slipped my mind until I read your post below to John. I just cannot keep dates and numbers in my mind unless I write them down! I apologize. I hope it was a good birthday, and I know you will be celebrating with your brother next week, so maybe this year you can just have an 'extended birthday'!

I wish for you a year full of healing and happiness, of peace and satisfaction. You mean a lot to many people here and have helped us all with your positive posts and your knowledge which you continually seek after and then share with us. We've enjoyed your beautiful pictures and hearing about your interesting job.

All the best to you, Carole! Happy Birthday!

Suzanne :-)

Re: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Carole C.! :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 16:55 (087162)

Thank you, Suzanne! Yes, I did have a good birthday, and today they had a cake for me at work! I was so surprised. Yesterday I got a card from my Mom with a photo of her in it, which is just wonderful (she's 93, so every photo could be the last one). I am just 'easing' into being 54 anyway (doesn't that sound ancient?), so your happy birthday wishes are right on time.

And, thank you for saying such nice things about me. It's nice to know you and everyone here.

Carole C

nancy s. on 6/11/02 at 17:43 (087170)

h.b., carole! 54 isn't old AT ALL. (no bias from me here!)

your outlook is what counts, and you have a lively, spirited outlook that sounds timeless to me.

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 17:49 (087172)

Thanks, Nancy. :)

Carole C

'I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled'

- T.S. Eliot

nancy s. on 6/11/02 at 17:53 (087173)

hey. i like that eliot quote. and i'd follow his example if they weren't already tucked into my socks.

Re: (giggle!!!) (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 17:56 (087175)

Valerie S on 6/11/02 at 18:08 (087176)

Happy Birthday, Carole! Have a blast! You sure deserve it!

Val.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 18:22 (087178)

Thanks, Val :)

Carole C

Necee on 6/11/02 at 18:27 (087179)

Happy Belated B-day Carole!!! Sorry its late, sounds like you had a nice day. May this coming year be filled with good health and much happiness for you, your such a great gal and I always enjoy reading your posts.

All the best and....
Happy trails to you......

Necee

Tammie on 6/11/02 at 18:35 (087181)

Ditto, and to think Carole you were trying to sneak by without someone noticing it was your Bday, nope caught again! I do hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are and as warm as the sun and the laughs you seem to bring to those who care about you! Have a wonderful trip and dont get to much sun take your sunscreen right next to those favorite relaxing shoes! Have fun drive safe and most of all have a wonderful time and cant wait till your safe at home!Hugs to u!

Re: Thanks, Necee & Tammie! (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 19:26 (087187)

john h on 6/11/02 at 20:31 (087201)

Forest Gump wold say 'old is as old does'! figure that out if you can.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 20:53 (087206)

Melding the combined wisdom of T.S. Eliot and Forest Gump: maybe then if I don't roll the bottoms of my trousers, I'll stay young.

Super! I don't actually roll them. Heck, they're always too short anyway.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 16:55 (087162)

Thank you, Suzanne! Yes, I did have a good birthday, and today they had a cake for me at work! I was so surprised. Yesterday I got a card from my Mom with a photo of her in it, which is just wonderful (she's 93, so every photo could be the last one). I am just 'easing' into being 54 anyway (doesn't that sound ancient?), so your happy birthday wishes are right on time.

And, thank you for saying such nice things about me. It's nice to know you and everyone here.

Carole C

nancy s. on 6/11/02 at 17:43 (087170)

h.b., carole! 54 isn't old AT ALL. (no bias from me here!)

your outlook is what counts, and you have a lively, spirited outlook that sounds timeless to me.

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 17:49 (087172)

Thanks, Nancy. :)

Carole C

'I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled'

- T.S. Eliot

nancy s. on 6/11/02 at 17:53 (087173)

hey. i like that eliot quote. and i'd follow his example if they weren't already tucked into my socks.

Re: (giggle!!!) (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 17:56 (087175)

Valerie S on 6/11/02 at 18:08 (087176)

Happy Birthday, Carole! Have a blast! You sure deserve it!

Val.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 18:22 (087178)

Thanks, Val :)

Carole C

Necee on 6/11/02 at 18:27 (087179)

Happy Belated B-day Carole!!! Sorry its late, sounds like you had a nice day. May this coming year be filled with good health and much happiness for you, your such a great gal and I always enjoy reading your posts.

All the best and....
Happy trails to you......

Necee

Tammie on 6/11/02 at 18:35 (087181)

Ditto, and to think Carole you were trying to sneak by without someone noticing it was your Bday, nope caught again! I do hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are and as warm as the sun and the laughs you seem to bring to those who care about you! Have a wonderful trip and dont get to much sun take your sunscreen right next to those favorite relaxing shoes! Have fun drive safe and most of all have a wonderful time and cant wait till your safe at home!Hugs to u!

Re: Thanks, Necee & Tammie! (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 19:26 (087187)

john h on 6/11/02 at 20:31 (087201)

Forest Gump wold say 'old is as old does'! figure that out if you can.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/02 at 20:53 (087206)

Melding the combined wisdom of T.S. Eliot and Forest Gump: maybe then if I don't roll the bottoms of my trousers, I'll stay young.

Super! I don't actually roll them. Heck, they're always too short anyway.

Carole C