Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Can you all stand a good laugh?

Posted by Tammie on 6/11/02 at 18:30 (087180)

Ok here it is! Today I got up for work and got all ready and took my pain meds. Hubby got up to to take me as I have the meds that are not meant for driving safely. I went and punched in and went up to the floor prepared to work and .

The Nurse on charge says why are you here it is your day off? I said oh no I always work tues after a weekend of work. She laughed and said here look at the sceduale and for sure it said I was off! I was so totaly embaressed as they kept asking me WHAT KINDA MEDS I was on lol.But the nurse on charge said dont worry I am not letting you go now that I have you here as your shift is short! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh I felt life a real idiot!

So I worked all day when I could have rested at home like a queen and maybe got to go in pool as hubby opened it up. Nope I was happily doing what I enjoy! I did not mind that is the funny part to me. I will have to work tomorrow also as that is a scedualed day! Oh my I now am loosing what little brains I have left! It is attacking me now in my head oh my! Think there is any help for THAT?

I just had to share this and hopefully give yo a laugh or a giggle! Hmmm foot pain, now no common sense and what will be next? Maybe I dont want to know maybe best left to a surprised like to day! Have a better day then I tomorrow !

Re: Can you all stand a good laugh?

Valerie S on 6/11/02 at 19:35 (087189)

Oh Tammie,

You did make me smile, as I have done that before WITHOUT being medicated! I do have a hard time imagining you working, knowing the pain you go through... but I know your work makes you happy too. I hope you start experiencing more relief very soon... I think of you often! Now make sure you DO get in that pool when you feel up to it!

Val.

Necee on 6/11/02 at 22:19 (087215)

Thanks for the laugh Tammie! Sorry you had to work on your day off!

Happy trails....

Necee

Missy B on 6/12/02 at 00:50 (087231)

Tammie,
Your post made me laugh - not at you but with you. I work for a health system that has 2 hospital campuses - about 10 miles apart. We were 2 separate hospitals until we affiliated 6 years ago. Today, most of the employees can be scheduled at either of the 2 facilities, so not only have I gone to work on my day off at least once, but I have also shown up at the wrong campus - mostly because the scheduling co-ordinator changed my schedule and failed to notify me, but occasionally it is my fault alone, when I have one of those rare SENIOR moments and forget where I am supposed to be. Sometimes I feel like a ping pong ball bouncing back and forth between the 2 hospitals - and once in a while, I PING instead of PONG. Thank heavens I am not the only one - many others have done the same thing, including some of the supervisors.
But perhaps I can make you smile with something I did years ago, but still remember it well. Have you ever been so tired that you came home from work and laid down for a short nap, only to fall into a deep sleep? I did one afternoon, and slept so soundly, that when I woke up at 7, I took one look at the clock, hurried and jumped into the shower and as I was dressing, I was calling work to tell them I would be a little late - imagine how dumb I felt when I realized that the person I was talking to worked on the 3-11 shift and it was 7pm and not 7am. I had been asleep only 3 hours, but felt like it had been all night. Boy! talk about feeling silly!!! And this was long before my foot problems started, so I can't even blame 'being under the influence of pain meds' for this brain lapse.
Hope your week gets better!
Missy B.

Valerie S on 6/11/02 at 19:35 (087189)

Oh Tammie,

You did make me smile, as I have done that before WITHOUT being medicated! I do have a hard time imagining you working, knowing the pain you go through... but I know your work makes you happy too. I hope you start experiencing more relief very soon... I think of you often! Now make sure you DO get in that pool when you feel up to it!

Val.

Necee on 6/11/02 at 22:19 (087215)

Thanks for the laugh Tammie! Sorry you had to work on your day off!

Happy trails....

Necee

Missy B on 6/12/02 at 00:50 (087231)

Tammie,
Your post made me laugh - not at you but with you. I work for a health system that has 2 hospital campuses - about 10 miles apart. We were 2 separate hospitals until we affiliated 6 years ago. Today, most of the employees can be scheduled at either of the 2 facilities, so not only have I gone to work on my day off at least once, but I have also shown up at the wrong campus - mostly because the scheduling co-ordinator changed my schedule and failed to notify me, but occasionally it is my fault alone, when I have one of those rare SENIOR moments and forget where I am supposed to be. Sometimes I feel like a ping pong ball bouncing back and forth between the 2 hospitals - and once in a while, I PING instead of PONG. Thank heavens I am not the only one - many others have done the same thing, including some of the supervisors.
But perhaps I can make you smile with something I did years ago, but still remember it well. Have you ever been so tired that you came home from work and laid down for a short nap, only to fall into a deep sleep? I did one afternoon, and slept so soundly, that when I woke up at 7, I took one look at the clock, hurried and jumped into the shower and as I was dressing, I was calling work to tell them I would be a little late - imagine how dumb I felt when I realized that the person I was talking to worked on the 3-11 shift and it was 7pm and not 7am. I had been asleep only 3 hours, but felt like it had been all night. Boy! talk about feeling silly!!! And this was long before my foot problems started, so I can't even blame 'being under the influence of pain meds' for this brain lapse.
Hope your week gets better!
Missy B.