Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Major setback in Physical therapy after tts release,and fascia release

Posted by Linda on 6/12/02 at 12:31 (087312)

I had 2 surgeries, one on December 14,2001, and one on March 29,2002. I have been in physical therapy for sometime now, and last week the therapy assistant was doing deep massage on my left foot (which had surgery 3/29) He hurt me really bad. I have been in severe pain since then, and i did notify my physical therapist. He is going to talk to my doctor Friday. What could have happened that it is causing constant pain on the bottom of my foot,all the way to my toes and up my calf? My right foot is pain free, which makes me very happy. I had tarsal tunnel release,fascia release,and a spur removed. I am so glad i got it done, but i am really worried about the left one.
thanks for listening...........

Re: Major setback in Physical therapy after tts release,and fascia release

kay f on 6/12/02 at 15:26 (087335)

i don't know but when you find out make sure you come back and let us know. live and learn. i certainly hope its only a minor setback.
good luck.
kay

Linda on 6/19/02 at 05:52 (087979)

Well, I went to the doctor on Friday, June 14th, and I found that the therapist didn't do any damage, He just was pressing right where the nerves were cut. My foot is feeling a little better, and my right one is now about 95% better. It is so good to not have pain in my foot after about 15yrs of constant pain!
I am happy, and i am still in physical therapy for my left foot. I have 6 weeks left.

kay f on 6/12/02 at 15:26 (087335)

i don't know but when you find out make sure you come back and let us know. live and learn. i certainly hope its only a minor setback.
good luck.
kay

Linda on 6/19/02 at 05:52 (087979)

Well, I went to the doctor on Friday, June 14th, and I found that the therapist didn't do any damage, He just was pressing right where the nerves were cut. My foot is feeling a little better, and my right one is now about 95% better. It is so good to not have pain in my foot after about 15yrs of constant pain!
I am happy, and i am still in physical therapy for my left foot. I have 6 weeks left.