Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT and Insurance Coverage

Posted by walter w. on 6/12/02 at 14:02 (087331)

Do you know of any major insurance companies that pay for ESWT treatment? I live in Dutchess County, New York and belong to an HMO by the name of MVP. They have refused to pay for ESWT treatment for my wife, who suffers from Plantar Fasciitis, stating that the treatments are dangerous and experimental. We have appealed that decision and lost for the seond time. This is after providing them with a wealth of information and also the fact that the FDA has approved the treatments. At this point we don't know what to do! Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Re: ESWT and Insurance Coverage

Carolyn F. on 6/12/02 at 14:45 (087332)

You are not alone in this battle, but unfortunately that is the way it is going to be until the process is in the US for a few more years. The more people that contest the better though. A lot of people find out that their ins. doesnt cover it and give up. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/12/02 at 19:05 (087364)

HI Walter:

I have seen United Healthcare and BC/BS pay in New York and New Jersey I have an office in White Plains, New York and Belleville, New Jersey. Financing is available in our group for ESWT.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Carolyn F. on 6/12/02 at 14:45 (087332)

You are not alone in this battle, but unfortunately that is the way it is going to be until the process is in the US for a few more years. The more people that contest the better though. A lot of people find out that their ins. doesnt cover it and give up. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/12/02 at 19:05 (087364)

HI Walter:

I have seen United Healthcare and BC/BS pay in New York and New Jersey I have an office in White Plains, New York and Belleville, New Jersey. Financing is available in our group for ESWT.

Dr. John Cozzarelli