Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Had the procedure done yesterday!!!

Posted by Christine H. on 6/12/02 at 20:51 (087369)

Thank you to all that gave me extra encouragement. And thank you to Dr. Z., sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. For me, the cost was $3300.00. And yes, I am told that includes everything. They wheeled me in the room on the stretcher, the tech for the Ossatron machine handed out headphones for everyone to wear so not to hurt their ears, I had already been set up with IV in my hand, I remember opening my eyes and asking when they were gonna start and the nurse laughed and said I was in recovery, that they were done already! Looked around, and sure enough, I was. Today, I am a little tender, as expected, my Doctor had previously given me my prescription for pain medication, if needed. I've taken so far, only 2. So far, so good, but will wait the full 12 weeks as she told me, and also as she told me, I will not try and act the hero, but take the medication if needed.

I was so scared before going in, but I am so thankful for my family and my friends for not letting me back down at last minute. ~L~

And again, thank you to all of you who gave me encouragement. Will slowly keep you updated.

Christine

Re: Had the procedure done yesterday!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/02 at 05:27 (087416)

I am so happy for you. I too had the feeling of recovery and backing out. Today or should I say this morning is my first day of post-op lasik eye surgery. I can see !!. I can see without glasses. Just remember just as my doctor told me . It will take take for the final result. Even with Lasik it just takes time for the eyes to heal. It will take six to twelve weeks for really good pain resolution with ESWT

Good Luck and keep in touch.

DR. Z

Re: Congratulations Dr. Z.

Shane on 6/13/02 at 10:57 (087453)

Dr. Z.

I'm glad that you can see now! I too have had Lasik and now ESWT. Thank god for modern medicine, huh? It is incredible that they even learn about some of these procedures. I can already see and being 5 weeks post-ESWT I can already feel the heeling effects. Alot of my stiffness is gone and I only have heel pain occasionally - varying from day to day. let's just hope you won't have to 'see' me in a few more weeks. I'm on the road to recovery.

Shane

Tammie on 6/13/02 at 11:18 (087454)

I am thrilled for you Christine, I hope it is the wonderful miracle that you have searched for !!!!Thanks for sharing the procedure as I am sure it will help many here who are considering it themselves! Sound great ! I do hope the healing part goes well and that you do exactly as they told you! Also do take the meds as needed as it will indeed help you if needed! Take care and GOOD LUCK!!! A big hug to you!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/02 at 11:19 (087455)

I can see. It is amazing. I am wearing reading glasses as I type. These laptop are just alittle too small. Give the ESWT some time and keep in touch.

Thanks for the e-mail

Dr. Z

john h on 6/14/02 at 08:58 (087568)

Dr. Z: The Mac laptop has a 15.1' screen. Even you could see that. Could you see when you did my ESWT?

Re: Lasik Surgery on Dr. Z.

Christine H. on 6/14/02 at 13:03 (087600)

Hey, that is wonderful for you. My fiance had his done last year and wants me to get mine done. ~L~ The ESWT is the first step for me, then who knows, I may get the Lasik done.

Good luck to you and yes, time time time, is what I will wait on. A little more tender today, but that is okay, I will keep faith.

Christine

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/02 at 05:27 (087416)

I am so happy for you. I too had the feeling of recovery and backing out. Today or should I say this morning is my first day of post-op lasik eye surgery. I can see !!. I can see without glasses. Just remember just as my doctor told me . It will take take for the final result. Even with Lasik it just takes time for the eyes to heal. It will take six to twelve weeks for really good pain resolution with ESWT

Good Luck and keep in touch.

DR. Z

Shane on 6/13/02 at 10:57 (087453)

Dr. Z.

I'm glad that you can see now! I too have had Lasik and now ESWT. Thank god for modern medicine, huh? It is incredible that they even learn about some of these procedures. I can already see and being 5 weeks post-ESWT I can already feel the heeling effects. Alot of my stiffness is gone and I only have heel pain occasionally - varying from day to day. let's just hope you won't have to 'see' me in a few more weeks. I'm on the road to recovery.

Shane

Tammie on 6/13/02 at 11:18 (087454)

I am thrilled for you Christine, I hope it is the wonderful miracle that you have searched for !!!!Thanks for sharing the procedure as I am sure it will help many here who are considering it themselves! Sound great ! I do hope the healing part goes well and that you do exactly as they told you! Also do take the meds as needed as it will indeed help you if needed! Take care and GOOD LUCK!!! A big hug to you!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/02 at 11:19 (087455)

I can see. It is amazing. I am wearing reading glasses as I type. These laptop are just alittle too small. Give the ESWT some time and keep in touch.

Thanks for the e-mail

Dr. Z

john h on 6/14/02 at 08:58 (087568)

Dr. Z: The Mac laptop has a 15.1' screen. Even you could see that. Could you see when you did my ESWT?

Re: Lasik Surgery on Dr. Z.

Christine H. on 6/14/02 at 13:03 (087600)

Hey, that is wonderful for you. My fiance had his done last year and wants me to get mine done. ~L~ The ESWT is the first step for me, then who knows, I may get the Lasik done.

Good luck to you and yes, time time time, is what I will wait on. A little more tender today, but that is okay, I will keep faith.

Christine