Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

what would cause the back of heel

Posted by debbie s on 6/12/02 at 22:38 (087404)

Dear sirs:
Have been having problems with my heels for about a year now...and what i am asking is. what would cause the bone in the back of my heel and all on the bottom of the heel hurt to the touch.for example wheni am at work they dont hurt as bad it is like my shoes keep the foot in one place and when i get home and pull my shoes off and sit down for a minute. but when i go to get back up the pain is so bad that i cant hardly walk.and i have tried to rub the heels and the back of my foot but it hurts to bad to even do that... there has been a lot of times to where my feet are so swolen that they look bad...i just wanted to know what i need to find out before I even try to get me another doctor. Thank you for your time.
Debbie Savat

Re: what would cause the back of heel

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/13/02 at 06:03 (087419)

Hi Debbie:

I would start with an X-RAY and see if there is a spur on theback of the heel in he achilles tendon.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: what would cause the back of heel

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/13/02 at 06:03 (087419)

Hi Debbie:

I would start with an X-RAY and see if there is a spur on theback of the heel in he achilles tendon.

Dr. John Cozzarelli