Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT for Tendinitis other than Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 6/13/02 at 06:47 (087421)

For the past several years we use Sonorex Plus by Siemens for the following tendinopathies with sucess:
- Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Patellar Tendinitis
- Greater Trochanteritis
- Shoulder Tendinitis
In Europe, Canada and Australia (and the rest of the world) the approvals for Sonocur and Dornier Epos and several others are for various tendinopathies (as mentioned above) - and they are for multiple sessions.
To the best of my knowledge, in U.S.A. Dornier Epos is approved for single session treatment and FDA approval is given separately for each condition. It is not clear to me if the forthcoming Sonocur approval for Lateral Epicondylitis by FDA is for single or multiple sessions.

Re: ESWT for Tendinitis other than Plantar Fasciitis

Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 6/13/02 at 06:50 (087422)

Correction: The equipment we use is Siemens Sonocur Plus (not Sonorex). Sorry for the error.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/02 at 11:21 (087456)

I think it is a multiple session FDA approval without anesthesia. Will let you know if I find out. I want to sincerely thank you for all of your postings. I learn alot each and everytime you show up on heelspurs.com

THANK YOU

Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 6/14/02 at 08:07 (087559)

Dr. Zuckerman,

Thank you for the nice note. It is appreciated especially from someone who so genuinely cares for the patients. Your impartial advice to them is of great value and I admire you for taking the time to do that from a busy practice.
If you wish to share our clinical experience regarding ESWT, we would be willing to exchange this information on a direct basis. By the way, you have selected a good equipment with all the necessary features. Congratulations.

Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 6/13/02 at 06:50 (087422)

Correction: The equipment we use is Siemens Sonocur Plus (not Sonorex). Sorry for the error.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/02 at 11:21 (087456)

I think it is a multiple session FDA approval without anesthesia. Will let you know if I find out. I want to sincerely thank you for all of your postings. I learn alot each and everytime you show up on heelspurs.com

THANK YOU

Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 6/14/02 at 08:07 (087559)

Dr. Zuckerman,

Thank you for the nice note. It is appreciated especially from someone who so genuinely cares for the patients. Your impartial advice to them is of great value and I admire you for taking the time to do that from a busy practice.
If you wish to share our clinical experience regarding ESWT, we would be willing to exchange this information on a direct basis. By the way, you have selected a good equipment with all the necessary features. Congratulations.