Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My how we've grown

Posted by Ruth B. on 6/13/02 at 07:11 (087425)

Dear Scott R,
Couldn't find a place on your site to write a private e-mail.

I was checking out your web site for a friend who does not have internet, but does have a heel spur. I have not visited this web site in ages because thanks to you, I no longer have foot pain. At the first sign of a twinge, I'm icing and stretching, and that keeps it under control. (Do all heel spur sufferers keep an ancient unopened bag of peas in their freezers?) I can hardly believe how your web site has grown and your fans are now legion. You are a god to those of us who suffer.

I first visited this site years ago and wrote you a thank you note because you had changed my life. You were very self-deprecating in your reply, something like 'I'm not curing cancer.' It may not be a cure for cancer, but it has given me so much mobility and freedom that I actually do not think about my feet for months at a time.

Many thanks. I hope my friend gets the same benefit.

Re: My how we've grown

Valerie S on 6/13/02 at 09:47 (087441)

Hi Ruth!

You don't know me, but I loved reading your post, and that you are doing better these days. Maybe there is some hope yet, huh? :)

If you go to the home page, the link at the bottom of this page for heelspurs.com, you will find a link at the bottom of that page for scott's email. He loves getting email from women... but if you are single, beware!

HA HA HA, I am kidding of course... unless you know a nice girl from Alabama who would like a date with a genius.

Good luck to you, and thanks again for your encouraging post. It is good to see you are spreading the message... That is one good thing I have found from this otherwise dreadful affliction... that I have more compassion for others now, and that I can share all I have learned and maybe help someone some day too. Even if it is through my 'Don't end up like me...' story.

-Val.

Re: My how we've grown

Valerie S on 6/13/02 at 09:47 (087441)

Hi Ruth!

You don't know me, but I loved reading your post, and that you are doing better these days. Maybe there is some hope yet, huh? :)

If you go to the home page, the link at the bottom of this page for heelspurs.com, you will find a link at the bottom of that page for scott's email. He loves getting email from women... but if you are single, beware!

HA HA HA, I am kidding of course... unless you know a nice girl from Alabama who would like a date with a genius.

Good luck to you, and thanks again for your encouraging post. It is good to see you are spreading the message... That is one good thing I have found from this otherwise dreadful affliction... that I have more compassion for others now, and that I can share all I have learned and maybe help someone some day too. Even if it is through my 'Don't end up like me...' story.

-Val.