Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr Z, please dont forget to reply...

Posted by niels l on 6/14/02 at 03:51 (087540)

PLAESE reply quickly to my post below 'am i a candidate for ESWT ?', message no 87427 dated 13.june... I am scheduled for ESWT on tuesday.

Here a little ADDITIONAL info:

My pain in the evening feels like burning or warmth, but no tingling feeling. Ice doesnt seem to help.

When on my feet, the pain is where the plantar meets the heel and along the outer side under the foot, from the little toe to the heel. This pain feels like soreness and 'hard' and its difficult to define the exact center of the pain.

You should also know that i am totally unable to strech my calves, as any attempt, results in pain at the back of the heel and the achilles.

Thanks for helping.

Niels l

Re: Dr Z, please dont forget to reply...

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/14/02 at 06:02 (087543)

Hi

This is a tough call without seeing you or an examination. The fact there is pain at the insertion is a good indication to do ESWT. The pain on the outside could be treated at the insertion . This pain could be from the compensation or from the tight heel cords. So long as the treating doctor has ruled out nerve involvement and there is pain with pain and if he does an ultrasound and there is diseased tissue you are a go. IF no ultrasound then the pain on examination at the insertion indicates you could respond to ESWT. Sorry that about all I can tell you without your foot in my hands

Re: Dr Z, please dont forget to reply...

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/14/02 at 06:02 (087543)

Hi

This is a tough call without seeing you or an examination. The fact there is pain at the insertion is a good indication to do ESWT. The pain on the outside could be treated at the insertion . This pain could be from the compensation or from the tight heel cords. So long as the treating doctor has ruled out nerve involvement and there is pain with pain and if he does an ultrasound and there is diseased tissue you are a go. IF no ultrasound then the pain on examination at the insertion indicates you could respond to ESWT. Sorry that about all I can tell you without your foot in my hands