Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS & ESWT (high wave)

Posted by Maureen R on 6/14/02 at 11:07 (087588)

I had plantar fasciotomy on right foot after many years of pain. Big mistake; I am in constant severe pain now & have restricted
lifestyle. I also have TT in right foot, but it's not the biggest source of pain. I'm going to see about having the high wave type of ESWT done to relieve pain (in PA). Should I not do this because of TT? Would it make a difference if I had low wave instead of high
wave type of ESWT done? Thanks.

Re: TTS & ESWT (high wave)

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/14/02 at 15:12 (087606)

Unsure what you mean by 'high wave' and 'low wave.' Perhaps you are referring to high energy vs. low energy ESWT. There is not, at this point, conclusive scientific evidence which favors low energy ESWT over high energy ESWT or vice versa. The presence of TTS does not preclude ESWT provided that the ESWT treatments are applied to the plantar fascia only.
Ed

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/14/02 at 18:31 (087636)

IF you have a true plantar fasciitis and a separate TTS problem then go for the ESWT. An ultrasound diagnostic evaluation can determine if the fascia is thicken and inflamed and therefore a separate condition,

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/14/02 at 15:12 (087606)

Unsure what you mean by 'high wave' and 'low wave.' Perhaps you are referring to high energy vs. low energy ESWT. There is not, at this point, conclusive scientific evidence which favors low energy ESWT over high energy ESWT or vice versa. The presence of TTS does not preclude ESWT provided that the ESWT treatments are applied to the plantar fascia only.
Ed

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/14/02 at 18:31 (087636)

IF you have a true plantar fasciitis and a separate TTS problem then go for the ESWT. An ultrasound diagnostic evaluation can determine if the fascia is thicken and inflamed and therefore a separate condition,