Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Canadian Ossatron Treatment Followups

Posted by John W on 6/15/02 at 09:37 (087666)

I have not visited this board for a long while. Is there any follow up from those patients who were treated in Toronto with Drs Galea and Gordon. Just curious.

Re: Canadian Ossatron Treatment Followups

john h on 6/15/02 at 11:56 (087679)

i asked the same question several months ago john w. Mohez reports that he is basically cured after 11 ESWT treatments with 3 different machines. Most of the others responded and it seems most are better or no worse. scott can speak for himself. i talked to dr. gordon by phone for about 20 minutes a few months ago. he called me and provided me with some thoughtful information. he is currently doing some sort of study on ESWT and I think Sunny at Bayshore said he would present his paper in Europe this month at the nationl conference on ESWT. how are you?

John W on 6/15/02 at 14:10 (087686)

Doing great. Maybe we can schedule a secondround at one of my friends ossatrons here in the states. Hope all is well.

Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 6/17/02 at 06:46 (087774)

Canadian Ossatron - Dr. Robert Grodon.
This clinic is now part of Bayshore's operation. Dr. Gordon is our consultant and provides treatment on Ossatron. If you wish to talk to him, please contact the Bayshore ESWT central scheduling at Tel. 905-949-6669, or send an email to (email removed)
We will arrange for Dr. Gordon to call you (he is currently out of town until beginning of July). Telephone consultations with Dr. Gordon regarding ESWT or non union and stress fractures is a free service from Bayshore.

john h on 6/17/02 at 07:30 (087781)

You are right Sunny. Dr. Gordon called me and I did not even ask him to call. He talked to me for 20 minutes with a lot of very good information. I cannot get that much time with my local doctor in his office.

Karen K on 6/17/02 at 15:40 (087822)

Hi John,

I haven't been here in a while either. I had great success in Toronto although it didn't cure me totally. Before the first treatment I couln't walk at all and after the first treatment I could walk for about 20 minuets at a time. I had another round with the OssaTron at Dr. Morrin's office in NJ and it's been about 10 weeks post now. I've continued to improve. Now I can walk up to an hour without much discomfort. I'm still very cautious not to push it at this point. I'm planning to have one more go at it and hope my success continues to the point I'll be cured.

john h on 6/17/02 at 16:40 (087833)

Karen: Good to hear from you and that you have made and continue to make progress. Sounds like you have come a long way from your past post. Great!!

Matt L on 6/28/02 at 10:11 (088673)

John,

I was one of the original group that went up to Toronto for treatment in February 2000, that I assume you are referring to. I received significant improvement from the treatment. Since then, I have had two follow-up treatments- in Chicago (can't remember is this was Ossatron) and New Jersey (not Ossatron). I have not had a treatment in approx. 18 months although I would not hesitate (except financially) to get additional treatments as needed. In my case it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix but the improvement is significant and long enough to warrant it in my opinion. Nothing else has come close to ESWT in successfully treating the pain in my case. I only wish ESWT was an available remedy for the failed TTS release in my other foot.

Regards,
Matt L.

john h on 6/28/02 at 19:14 (088714)

Matt: thanks for your response. If you did not see the Mohez post he went on to have 11 ESWT treatments, all in Canada using, I believe, the EPOS and Sonoccur as well as the Ossatron. He considered himself cured. I think what you say about a treatment making you better and then sort of wearing off may make some sense with some patients. Some of our experts say it is the accumulated dose that is important but I do not rembember over what period of time or if anyone has done a study on this. This may be part of Dr. Gordons studies he is currently doing. Perhaps with further study it could be that recalcitrant patients may need 5-10 treatments over some short period of time. I had 4 treatments spaced over about 2 years with Dr. Z in New Jersey.

john h on 6/15/02 at 11:56 (087679)

i asked the same question several months ago john w. Mohez reports that he is basically cured after 11 ESWT treatments with 3 different machines. Most of the others responded and it seems most are better or no worse. scott can speak for himself. i talked to dr. gordon by phone for about 20 minutes a few months ago. he called me and provided me with some thoughtful information. he is currently doing some sort of study on ESWT and I think Sunny at Bayshore said he would present his paper in Europe this month at the nationl conference on ESWT. how are you?

John W on 6/15/02 at 14:10 (087686)

Doing great. Maybe we can schedule a secondround at one of my friends ossatrons here in the states. Hope all is well.

Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 6/17/02 at 06:46 (087774)

Canadian Ossatron - Dr. Robert Grodon.
This clinic is now part of Bayshore's operation. Dr. Gordon is our consultant and provides treatment on Ossatron. If you wish to talk to him, please contact the Bayshore ESWT central scheduling at Tel. 905-949-6669, or send an email to (email removed)
We will arrange for Dr. Gordon to call you (he is currently out of town until beginning of July). Telephone consultations with Dr. Gordon regarding ESWT or non union and stress fractures is a free service from Bayshore.

john h on 6/17/02 at 07:30 (087781)

You are right Sunny. Dr. Gordon called me and I did not even ask him to call. He talked to me for 20 minutes with a lot of very good information. I cannot get that much time with my local doctor in his office.

Karen K on 6/17/02 at 15:40 (087822)

Hi John,

I haven't been here in a while either. I had great success in Toronto although it didn't cure me totally. Before the first treatment I couln't walk at all and after the first treatment I could walk for about 20 minuets at a time. I had another round with the OssaTron at Dr. Morrin's office in NJ and it's been about 10 weeks post now. I've continued to improve. Now I can walk up to an hour without much discomfort. I'm still very cautious not to push it at this point. I'm planning to have one more go at it and hope my success continues to the point I'll be cured.

john h on 6/17/02 at 16:40 (087833)

Karen: Good to hear from you and that you have made and continue to make progress. Sounds like you have come a long way from your past post. Great!!

Matt L on 6/28/02 at 10:11 (088673)

John,

I was one of the original group that went up to Toronto for treatment in February 2000, that I assume you are referring to. I received significant improvement from the treatment. Since then, I have had two follow-up treatments- in Chicago (can't remember is this was Ossatron) and New Jersey (not Ossatron). I have not had a treatment in approx. 18 months although I would not hesitate (except financially) to get additional treatments as needed. In my case it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix but the improvement is significant and long enough to warrant it in my opinion. Nothing else has come close to ESWT in successfully treating the pain in my case. I only wish ESWT was an available remedy for the failed TTS release in my other foot.

Regards,
Matt L.

john h on 6/28/02 at 19:14 (088714)

Matt: thanks for your response. If you did not see the Mohez post he went on to have 11 ESWT treatments, all in Canada using, I believe, the EPOS and Sonoccur as well as the Ossatron. He considered himself cured. I think what you say about a treatment making you better and then sort of wearing off may make some sense with some patients. Some of our experts say it is the accumulated dose that is important but I do not rembember over what period of time or if anyone has done a study on this. This may be part of Dr. Gordons studies he is currently doing. Perhaps with further study it could be that recalcitrant patients may need 5-10 treatments over some short period of time. I had 4 treatments spaced over about 2 years with Dr. Z in New Jersey.