Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

just telling you!

Posted by Clara on 6/15/02 at 14:32 (087689)

Hi friends!!

I am working fulltime now! Well, I did not thought that I would, but it´s a wonderful fact. BUT I cannot work as an 'running-around-librarian' anymore (never? the doc´ says I can whithin a year or so..And he also says that PF NEVER gets cronic (??), but I think it can be...? Of course, I feel, that if I go around on hard floor for about 500 meters, I have to sit down for a while. And running? No way!! Never! I have been starting practicing yoga now, and that feels fantastic! Thank you Julie for writing the office yoga book, that has helped me work this thru. I did not think I was going to get that well again, and for a while, I was sitting in a wheelchair..!

So now I am going to get a new work (thank you friends, you where right!), for a while (a year, I suppose, maybe longer) and I am going to be a web-director. Well, thats something to start with!

Thank you for being there, I was really ill in feb. this year, and without you.. I could not cope with this horror.

Take care
/Clara from Sweden

Re: just telling you!

Carole C in NOLA on 6/15/02 at 14:46 (087691)

Clara, I'm so glad you are feeling better! Julie hasn't posted in a while. Maybe she's on vacation; I don't remember. What a good decision you have made, to get a new job as web-director! Will you be the person who decides what will be shown on a website? It sounds like lots of fun.

Carole C

Re: does anyone have a link where I can get Judy's book?

Mahatmelissama on 6/15/02 at 15:16 (087693)

and also the title?

Julie on 6/15/02 at 15:36 (087694)

Clara, how good to hear from you! I'm not writing on the boards any more, but I saw your message and I do want to tell you how pleased I am that you're so much better, that you have a new job, and that things are going well for you. It's excellent news.

And I'm glad that you've started yoga, and that my book was helpful in getting you started. I know you'll find yoga helpful and healing in all sorts of ways, a great source of inner strength. I'd be pleased if you wanted to email me if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way. (email removed) (I'm sure you remember the 'clara' part!)

All the best to you

Julie

Laurie R on 6/15/02 at 15:47 (087696)

Hi Clara , So good to hear from you .. Also that you are going to be starting a new job..... Things do happen for a reason ... I have been a bartender my whole adult life , I can never go back to this type of work ever ..... I was really sad in the begining , but it is ok now .... I have no clue what I want to do when I heal and I am able to work again ....

Thank you again for keeping in touch , I wish you only the best always, Laurie R

Re: Julie's book

Carole C in NOLA on 6/15/02 at 15:55 (087698)

You might try Amazon.com . It was available there earlier this year. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/8120815424/qid=1024174406/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/104-5976551-7523143

Or, you can try searching at Amazon.com on 'Office Yoga'. Her pen name is Julie Freideberger.

Carole C

Nancy N on 6/15/02 at 19:45 (087705)

If Amazon doesn't work, try half.com. I got my copy there.

Clara on 6/16/02 at 04:10 (087719)

Hi Carole C!

Well, I think I have to talk to many others about how the web-site will look like, I have been doing another web-site a few years ago. This web-site is an official web-site, so I do not think I can decide that much..
maybe I can decide the appearence, in some way.

But It´ll be fun, really, I hope I will not work too much again, I am a little to eager and takes to much work with me at home, if you understand.. we call people like me a 'work-ant' in Sweden!

I have been changed, totally, infact, I think more about how happy I am, when I´m not feeling hurt in my feet. And I think of you friends, too, out there.

Take care - and do read Julies book , it´s fantastic!
clara

Clara on 6/16/02 at 04:13 (087720)

Hi Julie! Thank you I will post you a e-mail!

You have helped me a lot, not only by writing the book, but also on heelspurs.com !

Hugs from

//Clara

Clara on 6/16/02 at 04:15 (087721)

Hi Laurie R!

Sorry that you are ill, for how long have you 'been there'

/Clara

Laurie R on 6/16/02 at 12:11 (087737)

Hi Clara , Please don't be sorry , I am doing wonderful ... Things could not be any better at this point. I think my healing is going great .. I am almost 6 weeks post opp from my surgery ... Both of my doctors and myself are very pleased so far with how things are coming along...

I feel this is the best I have done in the three years I have had foot problems , to me things can only get better...

My best to you always , Laurie R

Suzanne D on 6/17/02 at 06:27 (087771)

Dear Clara,

It was so good to hear from you! I am glad that you have a new job now that will let you be off those concrete floors. All that walking and carrying heavy loads of books was difficult for you. This will be so much better!

I am sure that with your pleasant personality and willingness to learn, you would do well in any new job!

How are your little boys? Are they on a break from school at this time? My school ended at the end of May and will begin again the first of August. I miss the children! Yesterday I saw a little boy who will be in my class next year. I talked to him a couple of minutes, and he seemed to be excited about beginning first grade. That is a nice age to teach as most of them are still eager to learn.

You take care, Clara! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Suzanne :-)

Clara on 6/17/02 at 06:32 (087772)

Hi Laurie ! Nice to hear that you are doing great, after your surgery, that´s fantastic to hear!

Clara

Clara on 6/17/02 at 06:40 (087773)

Hi Suzanne!

Thanks for your post! My boys are now 3 and 10 years old. Yes, and it´s infact a rather tuff period right now, the little boy says NO! a 10000 times a day, and the larger boy is angry with me all the time (almost..). But I know that it will come another times, this is a 'grow-up-thing', and they have to move forward with their lifes...

But lifes really great and being 'down there' has thought me a lot. And now, the boys know that I´m not that ill anymore, and I´m stronger to cope with almost everything now.

Have a nice summer holiday, and of course I will be posting now and then. I must say that I´m not 'on the board' that often, but I check once a week, I´m still here!

/Clara

Suzanne D on 6/17/02 at 10:17 (087795)

Dear Clara,

Yes, your boys are at 'tough' ages. They are both struggling to become more independent at different stages. Sometimes they get frustrated and become angry as they don't know quite how to deal with the changes going on. Then they often 'take it out' on the ones closest to them.

Years ago, I taught a year of 6th grade. Most of the children are 11 years old in that grade here in the States.) I remember a mother of one of my students saying with tears in her eyes that her son was so confusing. One day he was happy playing cars with his younger brother; the next day he thought that was 'baby stuff' and wouldn't have anything to do with him. That is typical.

My daughters are 5 years apart, so I know what it's like to have them in different 'stages' all of the time! That can be challenging, too.

Hang in there! You are a good mom, I believe, and you all will do fine.

Take care,

clara on 6/18/02 at 08:30 (087880)

Thanks Suzanne, that´s good to hear. Some days I think I have´nt got the strength carry on being a mother, I just want them to be happy.. but almost every mother on earth goes thru this kind of matters in their lifes.And changes is needed.

It comes a new day tomorrow every day.

Take care
from Clara

PS Do you study some Swedish for the moment? I remember that you did for a while, DS

Kathy G on 6/18/02 at 08:34 (087881)

Clara,

I'm so happy to hear of your new job position. I think this will work out so much better for you than being on your feet all the time. And it's nice that you'll still be in the library.

My children are seven years apart, although much older than yours. I remember all too well what it was like when my son was between the ages of 11 and 16. He was particularly difficult around 12 or 13 and I remember feeling like we did nothing but argue all the time. It was comforting knowing that my friends with sons the same age were going through the same thing and that it was, in fact, an important part of his development. My daughter was much easier, partly due to the fact that she just has an easy-going, laid-back personality. The neatest thing was when my son finally decided that his parents had some brains, after all. In his case, he became much easier to deal with after age 16 and particularly after he went away to college! So, remember, this stage will also pass!

One of the things I love about these boards is getting to meet people from all around the world, not just the US. I love your expression about 'work ants'. Here in the states, we would probably call people like that 'workaholics'. You are very wise to recognize that you tend to be that way and I'm glad that you are trying not to do that so much. It can be very difficult but you really do need time for yourself and your family.

I hope you enjoy your new position!

Carole C in NOLA on 6/15/02 at 14:46 (087691)

Clara, I'm so glad you are feeling better! Julie hasn't posted in a while. Maybe she's on vacation; I don't remember. What a good decision you have made, to get a new job as web-director! Will you be the person who decides what will be shown on a website? It sounds like lots of fun.

Carole C

Re: does anyone have a link where I can get Judy's book?

Mahatmelissama on 6/15/02 at 15:16 (087693)

and also the title?

Julie on 6/15/02 at 15:36 (087694)

Clara, how good to hear from you! I'm not writing on the boards any more, but I saw your message and I do want to tell you how pleased I am that you're so much better, that you have a new job, and that things are going well for you. It's excellent news.

And I'm glad that you've started yoga, and that my book was helpful in getting you started. I know you'll find yoga helpful and healing in all sorts of ways, a great source of inner strength. I'd be pleased if you wanted to email me if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way. (email removed) (I'm sure you remember the 'clara' part!)

All the best to you

Julie

Laurie R on 6/15/02 at 15:47 (087696)

Hi Clara , So good to hear from you .. Also that you are going to be starting a new job..... Things do happen for a reason ... I have been a bartender my whole adult life , I can never go back to this type of work ever ..... I was really sad in the begining , but it is ok now .... I have no clue what I want to do when I heal and I am able to work again ....

Thank you again for keeping in touch , I wish you only the best always, Laurie R

Carole C in NOLA on 6/15/02 at 15:55 (087698)

You might try Amazon.com . It was available there earlier this year. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/8120815424/qid=1024174406/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/104-5976551-7523143

Or, you can try searching at Amazon.com on 'Office Yoga'. Her pen name is Julie Freideberger.

Carole C

Nancy N on 6/15/02 at 19:45 (087705)

If Amazon doesn't work, try half.com. I got my copy there.

Clara on 6/16/02 at 04:10 (087719)

Hi Carole C!

Well, I think I have to talk to many others about how the web-site will look like, I have been doing another web-site a few years ago. This web-site is an official web-site, so I do not think I can decide that much..
maybe I can decide the appearence, in some way.

But It´ll be fun, really, I hope I will not work too much again, I am a little to eager and takes to much work with me at home, if you understand.. we call people like me a 'work-ant' in Sweden!

I have been changed, totally, infact, I think more about how happy I am, when I´m not feeling hurt in my feet. And I think of you friends, too, out there.

Take care - and do read Julies book , it´s fantastic!
clara

Clara on 6/16/02 at 04:13 (087720)

Hi Julie! Thank you I will post you a e-mail!

You have helped me a lot, not only by writing the book, but also on heelspurs.com !

Hugs from

//Clara

Clara on 6/16/02 at 04:15 (087721)

Hi Laurie R!

Sorry that you are ill, for how long have you 'been there'

/Clara

Laurie R on 6/16/02 at 12:11 (087737)

Hi Clara , Please don't be sorry , I am doing wonderful ... Things could not be any better at this point. I think my healing is going great .. I am almost 6 weeks post opp from my surgery ... Both of my doctors and myself are very pleased so far with how things are coming along...

I feel this is the best I have done in the three years I have had foot problems , to me things can only get better...

My best to you always , Laurie R

Suzanne D on 6/17/02 at 06:27 (087771)

Dear Clara,

It was so good to hear from you! I am glad that you have a new job now that will let you be off those concrete floors. All that walking and carrying heavy loads of books was difficult for you. This will be so much better!

I am sure that with your pleasant personality and willingness to learn, you would do well in any new job!

How are your little boys? Are they on a break from school at this time? My school ended at the end of May and will begin again the first of August. I miss the children! Yesterday I saw a little boy who will be in my class next year. I talked to him a couple of minutes, and he seemed to be excited about beginning first grade. That is a nice age to teach as most of them are still eager to learn.

You take care, Clara! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Clara on 6/17/02 at 06:32 (087772)

Hi Laurie ! Nice to hear that you are doing great, after your surgery, that´s fantastic to hear!

Clara

Clara on 6/17/02 at 06:40 (087773)

Hi Suzanne!

Thanks for your post! My boys are now 3 and 10 years old. Yes, and it´s infact a rather tuff period right now, the little boy says NO! a 10000 times a day, and the larger boy is angry with me all the time (almost..). But I know that it will come another times, this is a 'grow-up-thing', and they have to move forward with their lifes...

But lifes really great and being 'down there' has thought me a lot. And now, the boys know that I´m not that ill anymore, and I´m stronger to cope with almost everything now.

Have a nice summer holiday, and of course I will be posting now and then. I must say that I´m not 'on the board' that often, but I check once a week, I´m still here!

/Clara

Suzanne D on 6/17/02 at 10:17 (087795)

Dear Clara,

Yes, your boys are at 'tough' ages. They are both struggling to become more independent at different stages. Sometimes they get frustrated and become angry as they don't know quite how to deal with the changes going on. Then they often 'take it out' on the ones closest to them.

Years ago, I taught a year of 6th grade. Most of the children are 11 years old in that grade here in the States.) I remember a mother of one of my students saying with tears in her eyes that her son was so confusing. One day he was happy playing cars with his younger brother; the next day he thought that was 'baby stuff' and wouldn't have anything to do with him. That is typical.

My daughters are 5 years apart, so I know what it's like to have them in different 'stages' all of the time! That can be challenging, too.

Hang in there! You are a good mom, I believe, and you all will do fine.

Take care,

clara on 6/18/02 at 08:30 (087880)

Thanks Suzanne, that´s good to hear. Some days I think I have´nt got the strength carry on being a mother, I just want them to be happy.. but almost every mother on earth goes thru this kind of matters in their lifes.And changes is needed.

It comes a new day tomorrow every day.

Take care
from Clara

PS Do you study some Swedish for the moment? I remember that you did for a while, DS

Kathy G on 6/18/02 at 08:34 (087881)

Clara,

I'm so happy to hear of your new job position. I think this will work out so much better for you than being on your feet all the time. And it's nice that you'll still be in the library.

My children are seven years apart, although much older than yours. I remember all too well what it was like when my son was between the ages of 11 and 16. He was particularly difficult around 12 or 13 and I remember feeling like we did nothing but argue all the time. It was comforting knowing that my friends with sons the same age were going through the same thing and that it was, in fact, an important part of his development. My daughter was much easier, partly due to the fact that she just has an easy-going, laid-back personality. The neatest thing was when my son finally decided that his parents had some brains, after all. In his case, he became much easier to deal with after age 16 and particularly after he went away to college! So, remember, this stage will also pass!

One of the things I love about these boards is getting to meet people from all around the world, not just the US. I love your expression about 'work ants'. Here in the states, we would probably call people like that 'workaholics'. You are very wise to recognize that you tend to be that way and I'm glad that you are trying not to do that so much. It can be very difficult but you really do need time for yourself and your family.

I hope you enjoy your new position!