Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT Question

Posted by Mar on 6/16/02 at 07:34 (087724)

I was just wondering -- is ESWT always aimed at the same spot -- mine was aimed at the point where the fascia joins the heel? Mar

Re: ESWT Question

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/02 at 09:00 (087728)

No. It is aimed at the area of pain where the fascia attached to the bottom of the heel . With the dornier Epos due to the inline ultrasound use you are areas to treat a much wider area at the insertion

Mar on 6/16/02 at 11:49 (087736)

Dr Z --

Hmmm -- I have and had pain in more places than where they aimed the shock waves -- the pain was and is all across in front of the heels and the whole heel area on the bottom of the feet. Do they just pick one spot to aim all the shock waves, or do they sometimes move it around? Both the doctor and the technician just aimed it at one spot. Mar

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/02 at 14:02 (087740)

With the dornier epos you are delivering shockwave across the entire width of the plantar fascia at the insertion. So there is going to be more then one area treated. It may look like one spot on the ultrasound screen but yoiu don't see a 3 D picture. of the fascia. What you are seeing in a profile of the fascia and other related foot structure. The shockwave usuall is moved around but that all depends on what the plantar fasica looks like on the ultrasound screen

Mar on 6/16/02 at 17:54 (087750)

Ok Doc -- thanks for the info -- I appreciate it -- i like to understand things as much as possible. Mar

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/02 at 18:32 (087752)

Alway willing to try to answer any and all questions !!!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/02 at 09:00 (087728)

No. It is aimed at the area of pain where the fascia attached to the bottom of the heel . With the dornier Epos due to the inline ultrasound use you are areas to treat a much wider area at the insertion

Mar on 6/16/02 at 11:49 (087736)

Dr Z --

Hmmm -- I have and had pain in more places than where they aimed the shock waves -- the pain was and is all across in front of the heels and the whole heel area on the bottom of the feet. Do they just pick one spot to aim all the shock waves, or do they sometimes move it around? Both the doctor and the technician just aimed it at one spot. Mar

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/02 at 14:02 (087740)

With the dornier epos you are delivering shockwave across the entire width of the plantar fascia at the insertion. So there is going to be more then one area treated. It may look like one spot on the ultrasound screen but yoiu don't see a 3 D picture. of the fascia. What you are seeing in a profile of the fascia and other related foot structure. The shockwave usuall is moved around but that all depends on what the plantar fasica looks like on the ultrasound screen

Mar on 6/16/02 at 17:54 (087750)

Ok Doc -- thanks for the info -- I appreciate it -- i like to understand things as much as possible. Mar

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/02 at 18:32 (087752)

Alway willing to try to answer any and all questions !!!!!