Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

treatment for plantar worts

Posted by Stephen D on 6/16/02 at 22:25 (087760)

My running coach says that I appear to have two plantar works on my right foot. What is the best non-surgicial treatment? I want to keep training for a marathon.Stephen.

Re: treatment for plantar worts

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/17/02 at 19:51 (087850)

Hi Steve:

There are many differnet conservative therapies for warts. Topical acid, Aldara, Carac, Flash lamp pulse dye laser, cryotherapy These are all no surgical. My favorite modality is Flash lamp pulse dye laser. The laser goes after the capillary blood flow which feeds the wart. It is destrooyed and the wart dies. As opposed to Co2 laser which burns and scars Flash lamp pulsed dye does not.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: treatment for plantar worts

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/17/02 at 19:51 (087850)

Hi Steve:

There are many differnet conservative therapies for warts. Topical acid, Aldara, Carac, Flash lamp pulse dye laser, cryotherapy These are all no surgical. My favorite modality is Flash lamp pulse dye laser. The laser goes after the capillary blood flow which feeds the wart. It is destrooyed and the wart dies. As opposed to Co2 laser which burns and scars Flash lamp pulsed dye does not.

Dr. John Cozzarelli