Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

haglund surgery

Posted by Tanya on 6/17/02 at 10:18 (087796)

My doctor told me I have a Haglund deformity and said it needs removed. Can anyone tell me about the surgery for this, Im a little nervous about someone doing anything to my foot. I should tell you that I have done the heel pads, air boot anti-inflammatorys...so it seems a natural process since nothing seems to make the pain go away. I have talked to my dr about the surgery but would like to see if there is an other information or a different why of surgery.
Thx,
Tanya

Re: haglund surgery

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/17/02 at 19:54 (087851)

Hi tanya:

A haglands rescetion requires an incision made on the outside of the heel. The posterior bone spur is removed. The procedure is very straight foward, He may keep you non weight bearing for two weeks with crutches.

Dr. john Cozzarelli

Re: haglund surgery

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/17/02 at 19:54 (087851)

Hi tanya:

A haglands rescetion requires an incision made on the outside of the heel. The posterior bone spur is removed. The procedure is very straight foward, He may keep you non weight bearing for two weeks with crutches.

Dr. john Cozzarelli