Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Night Splint for Small Feet?

Posted by Paula S on 6/17/02 at 15:12 (087818)

Hello, does anyone know of a night splint that would fit snug on a smaller foot? I've ordered a few different ones off the internet, and had to return them because they were so roomy that the straps wouldn't hold my feet in place. I've been ordering the smallest sizes I can find, and all of them are just huge on me. My feet are a women's size seven, somewhat narrow and very 'thin' top to bottom. Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Night Splint for Small Feet?

john h on 6/17/02 at 16:35 (087830)

Paula: the one scott sells can be snugged up on about any foot and it comes in sizes.

Ed Davis., DPM on 6/17/02 at 17:41 (087840)

The Nice and Stretch that Scott sells runs small, so the 'medium-small' size would be appropriate for women's size 7 feet. Heel slppage may occur with any night splint and can be dealt with via extra padding around the heel.
Ed

CatherineL on 6/18/02 at 17:09 (087932)

Paula,

I have the Nice and Stretch that Scott sells and have size 5 1/2 foot, but reg/wide.

My foot does slip a bit, but overall it was pretty good. I don't think the idea is to keep your foot ridgidly flexed all night, it's just supposed to put a gentle pull on it.

Catherine

john h on 6/17/02 at 16:35 (087830)

Paula: the one scott sells can be snugged up on about any foot and it comes in sizes.

Ed Davis., DPM on 6/17/02 at 17:41 (087840)

The Nice and Stretch that Scott sells runs small, so the 'medium-small' size would be appropriate for women's size 7 feet. Heel slppage may occur with any night splint and can be dealt with via extra padding around the heel.
Ed

CatherineL on 6/18/02 at 17:09 (087932)

Paula,

I have the Nice and Stretch that Scott sells and have size 5 1/2 foot, but reg/wide.

My foot does slip a bit, but overall it was pretty good. I don't think the idea is to keep your foot ridgidly flexed all night, it's just supposed to put a gentle pull on it.

Catherine