Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The treament was painful, but no soreness afterwards - EvoTron

Posted by niels L on 6/19/02 at 06:54 (087980)

I had my first (out 3) ESWT treatments with the EvoTron machine, produced by HMT (HMT is also the producer of the ossatron).

It was the first time the doc used the Evotron, so i am a concerned if everything is done right.

The treament took 10 minutes and it certainly did hurt. No sedation. From other posts i can see that others have been treated without ecperiencing pain.

I also dont understand why i dont feel any soreness today, the day after. Is that a good or bad sign ? Is it because he did no put on enough power on the wawes?

I am sceduled for 3 treatments, the second one a week after the first and the last one about a month later. Is that the best/usual way to do it ?

Each treatment costs only 100 USD ! Can anyone beat that...?

Any comments on EvoTron are also appreciated.

Thanks.

Niels.

Re: The treament was painful, but no soreness afterwards - EvoTron

Pete R on 6/19/02 at 11:00 (088001)

Did you have the treatment done in America ?

Re: EvoTron - done i Germany.

Niels on 6/20/02 at 01:48 (088079)

No, it was done in Germany. I live in Denmark, so that was the nearest place i could find.

I hope a doc and anyone else, who can help would the time to reply anyway.

Niels.

Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 6/21/02 at 05:45 (088187)

As far as I am informed Evotron (electro hydraulic) ESWT is manufactured by HMT, the same manufacturer as Ossatron. While Ossatron costs several hundreds of thousands of Dollars, Evotron apparently is less than $50,000. It is my understanding that Evotron is sold in the United States for veterinary use. If someone has additional information, please correct me.
In Europe some studies are being done with Evotron for non-union of fracture, but it is still too early for the results. It is new to me that someone in Germany is using it for PF.

In North America it is fairly remote that one could expect the cost of ESWT multiple session treatment becoming less than $1,000, even if the equipment prices came down below 100K. It does involve substantial professional time for assessment, treatment and follow up care.

john h on 6/21/02 at 09:53 (088202)

Sunny: Take a look at http://www.orthomedico.be/htm/p2.htm
You can view the EvoTron and it will give you the technical data about power delivered, etc. Also a lot of different Laser machines on this site.

Steve B on 6/24/02 at 13:42 (088377)

I just had my first treatment on Friday. My treatment was painful too. But, after the treatment I didn't feel any pain. I'm still pain free. I still have two more treatment sessions scheduled.

Pete R on 6/19/02 at 11:00 (088001)

Did you have the treatment done in America ?

Niels on 6/20/02 at 01:48 (088079)

No, it was done in Germany. I live in Denmark, so that was the nearest place i could find.

I hope a doc and anyone else, who can help would the time to reply anyway.

Niels.

Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 6/21/02 at 05:45 (088187)

As far as I am informed Evotron (electro hydraulic) ESWT is manufactured by HMT, the same manufacturer as Ossatron. While Ossatron costs several hundreds of thousands of Dollars, Evotron apparently is less than $50,000. It is my understanding that Evotron is sold in the United States for veterinary use. If someone has additional information, please correct me.
In Europe some studies are being done with Evotron for non-union of fracture, but it is still too early for the results. It is new to me that someone in Germany is using it for PF.

In North America it is fairly remote that one could expect the cost of ESWT multiple session treatment becoming less than $1,000, even if the equipment prices came down below 100K. It does involve substantial professional time for assessment, treatment and follow up care.

john h on 6/21/02 at 09:53 (088202)

Sunny: Take a look at http://www.orthomedico.be/htm/p2.htm
You can view the EvoTron and it will give you the technical data about power delivered, etc. Also a lot of different Laser machines on this site.

Steve B on 6/24/02 at 13:42 (088377)

I just had my first treatment on Friday. My treatment was painful too. But, after the treatment I didn't feel any pain. I'm still pain free. I still have two more treatment sessions scheduled.